Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i searched, read every thread i could find.. none addressed the problem

i wanna take the "toyota" and "supra" off the back of my car... read how to do it, but that isn't my problem.. problem is it's a 10 year old car, will the paint have faded enough to leave a ghost image underneath the badges when they are removed... cause that would look really ghetto... seems to me like it would, but then again, i know nothing about automotive paints

·
BLWRDR
563 Posts
it will be cool to hve the ghost image..... if it does you can compound it and wax the area afterward

kahlee

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Verge said:
yes i searched, read every thread i could find.. none addressed the problem

i wanna take the "toyota" and "supra" off the back of my car... read how to do it, but that isn't my problem.. problem is it's a 10 year old car, will the paint have faded enough to leave a ghost image underneath the badges when they are removed... cause that would look really ghetto... seems to me like it would, but then again, i know nothing about automotive paints

You will absolutely have a ghost image.......and even sand paper won't get rid of it completely :(

I took my "supra" decal off but I'm okay anyway since I replaced it with a "supra turbo" decal and its covered now :D

·
DitchByTheSideOfTheRoad
485 Posts
Life??? What life? 10years and only 32k miles :) James you need to get out and drive more man :) :D

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
BRKNDLW said:
I removed my emblems on my 93.5 TT and no ghost images. But then again, it's been garaged its whole life.

As soon as I finished reading this sentence, I thought "white car!" :D
And then I read your sig :D .....not to mention the fact that it's been garaged its entire life and has 32K miles. Yeah, I'd say whatever ghost image you have (if any) is very minimal and is hidden by the white color :)

I took mine off my blk supra at 30K miles and I could very easily see the image. I wasn't surprised at all, and had the new turbo decal to put on it anyway :cool:

G

·
I did the same thing. I have a '93.5 White TT and just recently took the the Supra emblem off and replaced it with the Supra Turbo. I had a very minimal ghost image, but as said before I compounded it and waxed it, then it was gone.

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aneed4speed said:
Why are you wanting to take it off? Just curious?

...........I mean are you that ashamed of your N/A?

ur a dead woman bri

1 - 9 of 9 Posts