Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just got up to 6000KM on the new motor. and just finaly got it tuned right and this happened. somewhere under the dash she went up. were pritty sure it was the harness that goes to the dash. I was driving along when the smoke started. was kinda surprized. figured it was the heater core, becouse smoke came from the vents. but i relized pretty fast it wasn't. anyway, see what the insurance company has to say and go from there.

heres a bunch of pics.

so what do you all think???

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
HOLY SHIT! Dude glad your ok! That f**king sucks. I got 2 fire extinguishers in my car one in the trunk one in the front just in cash shit like this happens. I hope you get what your looking for.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
:'( this brings tears to my eyes. good luck with ur next one bro!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it burned for about 40 minutes. but after the first 10 minutes it was all over. i just put frigin gas in it as well.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
thats why you bring a fire exhtinguiser(sp ) with!

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
Goddamn that's bad. I feel for ya I couldn't imagine losing my car like that.
Good Luck with the insurance.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Holy shit! Thats the worst total burn out I have ever seen!

Although I can't help but thinking it was something you did to it that made it burst in to flames like that... even a fuse that was bigger then what was factory I suppose could start this. :dunno:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i kinda figured it was bad wiring, but it was the wiring harness that ran from the computer to the instrument cluster. and they were the only wires that i didn't look at when i put the new motor in. and iam hoping i get at least half of what i had into her. money wise.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Just out of pure curiosity, did you take the engine half apart after the fire ?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
damn

I always carry a fire extinguisher

1 - 20 of 38 Posts