Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dyno, made 427RWHP and 496 RWTQ :p @ 20 psi and race gas. No spray. 404rwhp @17psi

made 468rwhp on spray, but i think the ECU pulled timing because i should have made more than that.

will post the graphs later

R

·
0 Posts
That little PT51 will push some power. I like the higher torque number also, very impressive. I need to come over and take a ride. :)

Ryan

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
gad dayum! Nice numbers... I could only wish for that upon my car!

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Good Lord!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!

So how does that 496 ft/lb hook up on the street?

:)

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DaveH said:
Good Lord!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!

So how does that 496 ft/lb hook up on the street?

:)
not too well on my 245's!! I need some 9.5" or wider rims. Im going to the track in about 1 1/2 weeks with a friends 315's so we will see how it does. I didnt get a chance to go by Kieth Craft to get the sheets on a disk yet. ... will do tomorrow

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Impressive numbers. You are still running on the stock intake manifold correct? What about your HG which one are you using? I have reason to believe that the longer runners on the stock intake manifold are one big reason causing your torque to be more inline with your horsepower. Any other different things you have done that might cause you to gain more torque then horsepower?

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stock Intake Manifold and a 2mm headgasket. I dunno but i am happy with the torque!

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
5spd_sc300 said:
Stock Intake Manifold and a 2mm headgasket. I dunno but i am happy with the torque!
Have you done a compression test with that HG? If so I was just curious as to what you came up with, if you could remember?

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ThomsonCharm said:
Have you done a compression test with that HG? If so I was just curious as to what you came up with, if you could remember?
nope never did a compression check. With the squish factor i believe it is between 8.5-8.8:1 somewhere around there.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
yep ypur right you will make alot higher tq number but it becomes a big heat sink killing some horsepower you sould always go with a custom side mount intake manfiold will give you higher hp number compared to tq plus wouldnt changing it lower your intake temps thus lowering your egt's? the dual runnner intake design is made for tq number not peak h.p number .. damn nice numbers by the way how big was the shot of nitrous you used on the dyno 50-75? you might want to look into that intercooler cooler spray kit it makes bigg diff oon the dyno and track.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
The main reason for the big torque is the turbo. It is *relatively small* and spools real early (as I'm sure the dyno sheet will show). Early spool = big torque. :)

R

·
0 Posts
I've ridden in Derek's car and he sees full boost by no later than 3200-3500. Most likely even before that. It's crazy that little turbo and what it can push!!! :)

Ryan

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
rwsupra.com said:
I've ridden in Derek's car and he sees full boost by no later than 3200-3500. Most likely even before that. It's crazy that little turbo and what it can push!!! :)

Ryan
.... that was at 10 psi with no intercooler the last time you rode and it had full boost like 3500. Now with the FMIC and more boost it takes just a little bit longer

It was a 75 shot but *little* hesitant and only made 468rwhp @20psi + 75 shot, so i think the ECU pulled timing, My base timing is about 15degrees because my distributor is off one notch and I cant retard any more, but it runs strong!

R

·
0 Posts
You going to be up at Starbucks anytime soon. I'd love a ride and I can also videotape it and put it up for the guys here on the forums.

Ryan

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Where is the dyno sheet! I'm dying to see the curve.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts