Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Real Girl Thread FTW!
Joined
·
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Veilside copy for sale!
with throttle cable and all
 

·
Real Girl Thread FTW!
Joined
·
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JamesN1830 said:
Why are you selling it? Did it not live up to your expectations?
Actually is everything I spected....
On the other hand, suprareyrey thinks that it will be better to use the Greddy intake, to add more torque to the equation!
 

·
iSketch Master!
Joined
·
9,044 Posts
isnt the one in the pic of it installed in the car of a GReddy manifold? Looks like the TB that the GReddy kit uses as well. WTF is up with that.

Alex
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
Alx2785 said:
isnt the one in the pic of it installed in the car of a GReddy manifold? Looks like the TB that the GReddy kit uses as well. WTF is up with that.

Alex
I'm running the greddy IM and I agree with the above statement. Funny how they picture the real deal, but you get thailand, sweat shop, chopped-up version instead. :rofl:

Knock off VS doesn't look bad. :)
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
Too bad they don't have these for an NA.
 

·
iSketch Master!
Joined
·
9,044 Posts
umm couldn't you use it just fine for an NA? Just attach the MAF and a filter to the end of the throttle body haha. All kidding aside why wouldnt that work?

Alex
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
Alx2785 said:
umm couldn't you use it just fine for an NA? Just attach the MAF and a filter to the end of the throttle body haha. All kidding aside why wouldnt that work?

Alex
Runners don't bolt up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
I just don't trust any ebay items at all. Like I always say, you have a Supra here that you spent a lot of money on already so why not go the extra mile and get it the intake manifold it deserves. After all isn't it better to buy a manifold that lasts forever and makes serious gains versus one that may not flow as good and may not last. An intake manifold is a very precise piece of a car and quite possibly an Ebay manifold could make it flow worse than stock or have a powerband that is not and will nerver be of use to you or any of our specific applications. Ever heard of porting a head too much?? same deal with a manifold, too big and you lose the desired power gain effect. Just take all that into consideration.
 

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
Joined
·
2,112 Posts
boostedspra said:
I just don't trust any ebay items at all. Like I always say, you have a Supra here that you spent a lot of money on already so why not go the extra mile and get it the intake manifold it deserves. After all isn't it better to buy a manifold that lasts forever and makes serious gains versus one that may not flow as good and may not last. An intake manifold is a very precise piece of a car and quite possibly an Ebay manifold could make it flow worse than stock or have a powerband that is not and will nerver be of use to you or any of our specific applications. Ever heard of porting a head too much?? same deal with a manifold, too big and you lose the desired power gain effect. Just take all that into consideration.
its a toyota not a ferrari
 

·
A right, not a privilege
Joined
·
3,421 Posts
boostedspra said:
I just don't trust any ebay items at all. Like I always say, you have a Supra here that you spent a lot of money on already so why not go the extra mile and get it the intake manifold it deserves. After all isn't it better to buy a manifold that lasts forever and makes serious gains versus one that may not flow as good and may not last. An intake manifold is a very precise piece of a car and quite possibly an Ebay manifold could make it flow worse than stock or have a powerband that is not and will nerver be of use to you or any of our specific applications. Ever heard of porting a head too much?? same deal with a manifold, too big and you lose the desired power gain effect. Just take all that into consideration.
Noted.

I run an eBay intercooler that saved me hundreds (thousands depending on which kit you price) and love it. If these intakes prove to be as quality as this then it will be a great option for a fraction of the price. This 'You own a Supra so spend the money' mentality is what keeps so many prices higher than the same part for other cars.

You don't ALWAYS get what you pay for.
 

·
@llcoolgene
Joined
·
662 Posts
boostedspra said:
I just don't trust any ebay items at all. Like I always say, you have a Supra here that you spent a lot of money on already so why not go the extra mile and get it the intake manifold it deserves. After all isn't it better to buy a manifold that lasts forever and makes serious gains versus one that may not flow as good and may not last. An intake manifold is a very precise piece of a car and quite possibly an Ebay manifold could make it flow worse than stock or have a powerband that is not and will nerver be of use to you or any of our specific applications. Ever heard of porting a head too much?? same deal with a manifold, too big and you lose the desired power gain effect. Just take all that into consideration.

Show us some numbers...then talk.....aiite peace :chicken:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
I agree with the fact that you can pay less for parts and that a lot of parts for the supra are overpriced by a long stretch (IE intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds $1500, Intake manifolds, $2200, etc) but when I had a turbocharged Honda and used an ebay exhaust manifold a weld broke and went flying into my turbo* and that is not cool. Then what do you do???
 
G

·
umm a weld on an exhaust manifold wont fly into your engine. it will go out the exhuast. unless its super weld and can fly against the exhaust gas then that would be amazing. only thing it would trash is the turbine wheel of your turbocharger.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top