Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems though that AdrockTT is not the only guy with the problems with GA. I was bringing my car up to Nashville this weekend to get tuned by Mayo. Well on the way here, my 3rd gear syncro went out, so I was like "shit!". (my car only has 40,000 miles) So, I was also planning on Mayo fixing my exhaust leaks, I have like 3-4! Anyway, when Mayo and Erin got to look at my car, GA didn't even bolt all the way down my flywheel or even use the right bolts! If I hadn't have had the exhaust leaks, and I had built boost a few more times, there was a likely chance of it coming through the tranny, through my legs and out the damn door! Also, my dial pins were missing! So, I decided to leave the car here with Mayo and Erin, and let them fix GA's mistakes. I don't know what we are going to do about the tranny, but I'll update and let y'all know whats going on! Lata!

PS- There are a lot of other problems too: Valve seals are leaking, oil line leaking from turbo, fuel lines are leaking, ect! Also, I learned that GA basically ziptied my engine up! Anyway, enough complaining, Ill talk to y'all later!

Matthew Haynes
 

·
D-Bag
Joined
·
559 Posts
Thats sucks. Although it is good you are getiing the word out about this hack shop. Good luck with the car.
 

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
Joined
·
3,413 Posts
My friend ShaneW on the forums has had alot of problems with there Junk fuel system as well. :mad:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
Hi-Psi said:
My friend ShaneW on the forums has had alot of problems with there Junk fuel system as well. :mad:
What kind of problems? Aside from missing pieces in their kit and the lack of instructions, was there anything else worth noting?

A friend of mine runs their kit and after those few mis-haps there have been zero problems.
 

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
Joined
·
3,413 Posts
Just alot of misshaps with them sending wrong injectors and such. Could have built a better system for less money.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Ya'll should see this mess, it isnt even funny.....its scary. Up until a few months ago I was under the impression that Angel knew what he was doing. I was far beyond wrong. After seeing some of thier work on Ben's car down at NOPI I started to understand. I later bought a car tuned by them.......had 2 spun bearings.......too much timing=detonation=spun bearings. Last week a customer of mine's brother brought me his MR2 to look at because GA had totally RUINED his car. I couldnt believe that someone would allow a customer to pay them for the work done on something like this. Now Ben and Matt show up here and I see all this...... Matt's valves are ticking like crazy, they're nowhere near spec. His exhaust cam cover is leaking like its its job cause it was tightened down till the bolts wouldnt go any further. The oil return on the turbo is pouring oil out. The are 5 different types of 14mm nuts holding his manifold on the head, none of them the correct kind. The turbo is basically sitting on the manifold with the bolts just keeping it in place, not tight. And then there's the clutch issue.....they pulled up at the dyno and the tranny was sitting there thumping and doing the normal chatter. With the clutch in the chatter would go away, like they all do but this thumping was still there. Erin called it on the spot, "bet the pressure plate isnt tight on the flywheel" We got under there to find no access covers on the car. Looked up in it and it had 1/2" Home Depot bolts holding the P-plate to the flywheel. While tightening them down to get the car back to my place we found that 2 of dowel pins had come out all together and another was just barely in there. Then on closer inspection we found that with having all that free play of not being tight the pressure plate had pulled itself to pieces.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, noone EVER send your car to these guys. I'll keep everyone posted on more of the major fuckups on this car as we fix them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,922 Posts
Wow, Angel has been around this scene for a LONG time, i'm surprised to hear about all of these shitty horror stories coming from GA...???
Peter
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Peter, I thought the same thing for a long time... When the bad things first started showing up I kinda stood back thinking it was just BS and that people were just giving GA a hard time.......then there was more, and more. Then I started working on the cars that he has fucked up, then there were more.....and more. Seriously, I wouldnt let the dude fill my gas tank...
 

·
BPU is so 1997
Joined
·
5,349 Posts
Brad Mayo said:
Peter, I thought the same thing for a long time... When the bad things first started showing up I kinda stood back thinking it was just BS and that people were just giving GA a hard time.......then there was more, and more. Then I started working on the cars that he has fucked up, then there were more.....and more. Seriously, I wouldnt let the dude fill my gas tank...


Instead of having fun at Nopi Nationals, Ben and Matt were stuck fixing the car. Then Mayo had to step in.

:)
 

·
Got Juice?
Joined
·
468 Posts
And ya'll thought I was crazy! I warned as many Supra owners as I could because GA cost me over $7K alone! Stranded TWICE on I4...I could go on and on. Well Mathew at least the car is in good hands now. I hope the rest will finally take our EXPERIENCES with GA seriously.
 

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Sad to hear but at least those guys were smart enough to let Mayo check out there cars!! Many people wont believe that Mayo knows his stuff but he REALLY DOES! Ive watched him work on cars before and he is the only person i trust working on my car!

Case in point is at NOPI......Bryant and Hua remember that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
GA took 2 weeks to sent out their GA fuel system to me. when it got here it wasn't even complete, i had to buy little thing that they didn't even had in there, such as relay, electrical lines and etc.
 

·
Carma Performance
Joined
·
765 Posts
I absosultely could not believe it. I could have built Matts car better than that while being passed out drunk. It took me all of 30 seconds to diagnos every single problem the car had they were so obvious. Like Brad said I wouldn't let them fill my tank...or check my air pressure. At least it'll be done right now, and actually make power.
Oh and his brother Ben's car blow the rearend out of it on the way home today, something else that GA fucked up that we get to fix. That place sucks.

Erin
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts
VETKILR said:
And ya'll thought I was crazy! I warned as many Supra owners as I could because GA cost me over $7K alone! Stranded TWICE on I4...I could go on and on. Well Mathew at least the car is in good hands now. I hope the rest will finally take our EXPERIENCES with GA seriously.
so true!
i do remember that and you did warn others too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,705 Posts
Where's Adrocktt?

I'm surprised he hasnt jumped in this GA SUCKS FEST
yet.

It's unfortunate to see a shop that most people respected
before just seem to go down the drain. I hope they get their
acts together or they might be out of business soon.
 

·
Got Juice?
Joined
·
468 Posts
Hey Mystik! To put it in a nutshell...they've always sucked. It was always the GA cheerleaders that everyone believed. Forget about the guy who actually spent cash to only get a Supra that didn't run and had to spend more cash to get it right. I should scan the $7800 bill they gave me. GA had charged me $1000 to prep a new block. WTH? That's just one example... and Mathew wasn't kidding about the zip ties. They put more money into zip ties than they do in their fuel systems. Without [email protected] Tuners I'd be totally screwed. I still thank Larry to this day for saving me. My next Supra will only see Larry and it will cost alot less to modify. BTW...

Merry Christmas Everyone!
 

·
Medium Ballin'
Joined
·
3,024 Posts
VETKILR said:
Hey Mystik! To put it in a nutshell...they've always sucked. It was always the GA cheerleaders that everyone believed. Forget about the guy who actually spent cash to only get a Supra that didn't run and had to spend more cash to get it right. I should scan the $7800 bill they gave me. GA had charged me $1000 to prep a new block. WTH? That's just one example... and Mathew wasn't kidding about the zip ties. They put more money into zip ties than they do in their fuel systems. Without [email protected] Tuners I'd be totally screwed. I still thank Larry to this day for saving me. My next Supra will only see Larry and it will cost alot less to modify. BTW...

Merry Christmas Everyone!
ain't nothing worng with zip ties as long as they're not holding the entire car together. lol.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
bigmike said:
ain't nothing worng with zip ties as long as they're not holding the entire car together. lol.

HAHAHAHAHA, and dont forget wire loom!
 
1 - 20 of 215 Posts
Top