Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· 411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I spent most of Saturday with my son riding shotgun camera in hand but encountered no kills. Sunday morning I'm leaving breakfast in DC headed east on Route 50 when I see waay up the road a sportbike rider in the HOV lane. I ease through traffic and discover that it's an early model Hayabusa slammed for the quarter mile. At first I think that in reality if he's a serious drag racer his gearing wouldn't be optimal for a roll on but that's his problem. Just in case, I prepare for a battle so I set the EVC EZ to about 31 psi, drop back to 3rd gear and make eye contact with Dude. I hear him downshifting the bike and then he makes the cardinal sin... He gives me the nod to hit first! I slam the gas pedal from 6500 RPM, shift to 4th and rev out to 8,000 RPM and shift to 5th... I look in the sideview mirror and he's a good 10 cars back! I then wait for him to pull even with me to see his reaction when he lifts the tinted shield on his helmet and revealed that he was an old friend from my bike dragracing days years ago... We slow down to about 40 MPH and he tells me that his bike is bone stock and that he's been a 9.85 at 147 MPH... I told him that sounded about right considering how I pulled on him. Nice blast nevertheless. Still no video... I'm pissed.

· Registered
1,303 Posts
Not to be a dick, but a stock busa doesn't trap 147mph...
are you sure?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_GSX1300R

The motorcycle in stock form was capable of the following performance:

* 1/4 mile (402 m): 9.77 seconds @ 147.7 mph (238 km/h)[2]
* 0–60 mph: 2.47 seconds[2]
* 0–100 mph: 4.91 seconds[2]
* 0–125 mph: 6.91 seconds[2]
* 0–150 mph: 9.88 seconds[2]
* 0–180 mph: 15.62 seconds[2]
* Top speed: 190.6 mph (307 km/h)[2]

Hey Badsp79R how fast did you get going when you raced the bike?

· 411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was supposed to do a video shoot with another local member this past Sunday but the weather was questionable. I'm still looking forward to doing a couple of flybys and tunnel vids. Last night I met with a group of bikers who accepted the challenge of a group roll on from 75 mph. That will definitely be on tape. What's up with that Vette Howlermonkey? In my area?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.