Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys right now i have a 93 nat and currently running a map ecu. The question i have is what do you guys think of the map ecu. I have heard many different opinions about it some say it is good and others say it is junk i have heard the same things about the aem ems and now the most recent thing in the mix is an hks f con v pro or an hks fcon a/f piggyback system so what do you guys think of all the above mentioned fuel management and if you guys have any other ones you recomend im open for all opinions thanks in advance for all the help

·
Banned
216 Posts
in my opinion, go aem and call it a day. i have in the past run, a map ecu, a stock ecu with a safc and msd ignition box. and honestly id just say go with the aem. it does the job tons better, more options as your setup grows, and tons more flexibility. but thats just my opinion.

good luck!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AEM EMS all the way, go ahead and invest into it, your gona end up buying it eventually :)
i have heard from a couple different shops that the aem ems is not good unless your building an all out race car and it doesnt work well on daily drivers they say it doesnt control all the options that the stock ecu does are you running it and if you are how much did it cost with all the pieces you need
thanks for everyone input it helps a lot

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
aws someone mentioned, how's the map ecu 2? for na-t or tt or anything?

if standalone is still the general concensus, what about alternate standalones

$$$$$$ motec, aem, etc

but how about the other ones: apexi power fc, new greddy v-manage, etc?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Are any of the other stand alones even plug and play?

We just got an NA-t project and were doing an AEM so we can run more boost.

It is only a 61 car, but a well tuned AEM should make all the difference in my opinion.

·
Edge On The GE-T Epidemic
575 Posts
AEM is your best solution if you plan to scale up your project going with fuel over 650cc and plan numbers around the 6XX's and up.

·
Time for change
6,866 Posts
Well the problem I see with AEM is there isn't a separate power enrichment map for WOT timing events.

So in otherwords, if you wanted more Timing for part throttle boost ( like going up a hill) versus timing retard to get your turbo to spool faster at lower boost at WOT, there is no way to differentiate it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the problem I see with AEM is there isn't a separate power enrichment map for WOT timing events.

So in otherwords, if you wanted more Timing for part throttle boost ( like going up a hill) versus timing retard to get your turbo to spool faster at lower boost at WOT, there is no way to differentiate it.
hey thanks for the advise i was wondering what fuel management you are running if any i think what im gonna end up doing is tunning what ive got for now but from what it sounds like is everyone runs aem with no problems unless you guys dont think i should even waste any more time or money on the map ecu
again thanks for all the advise from all you

·
Registered
721 Posts
Haltech

I run the Haltech E11v2 on my NA-T 758whp runs great.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
I know the map ecu has very mixed reviews, some poeple have gotten it to work with a ODB1 but most haven't

I don't think the MAP ECU2 is gonna be any different, cause the ecu2 just has new feature added onto the old one (most of the original programing is still there, and not that great for karmen sensor cars)

But if anyone can get it to work easily, I'm interested

1 - 19 of 19 Posts