Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had some interest in making the stock toyota tps sensor work with an aftermarket throttlebody (currently for the accufab). So we designed an adapter to utilize it for a few reasons.

Utilize a stock ecu, no more ems for an aftermarket intake manifold

Great idle control

Better spring return rate

Use an aftermarket TB on your stock intake manifold

Here are a few pics

Anyone else interested?

Chris

·
Registered
366 Posts
If this will also allow u to use cruise control you cant coun tme in! Whats the price?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
What size and how much would this be?

·
Enter The Supra
1,903 Posts
This piece won't allow you to retain cruise control, but there are still ways to be able to keep cruise. Chris and Lar I'm sure could also have a custom adapter piece made to be able to still retain cruise ctrl.

Tim
Yeah, I pretty much knew that before I asked, I was just hoping enough people would respond showing interest in a tb w/cc that they would then add that too. If so, I'd buy.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would buy as well if you could also retain cruise!

·
In The Sonoran Desert
453 Posts
tb+cc = $$$ for SP from me

·
Registered
693 Posts
^^^lol, seiously. Cruise was one of the first things I deleted on the Porsche and will be one of the first things gone on the MKIV...

·
Enter The Supra
1,903 Posts
^^^lol, seiously. Cruise was one of the first things I deleted on the Porsche and will be one of the first things gone on the MKIV...
Nothing is more annoying than hwy driving when some dick comes up behind you like you're not moving, when going down a hill, only to then have them slow down when going up a hill and get in your way. I know I'm going 70 mph +/-2 mph constantly, 99% of people who don't use cc don't realize that their speed is oscillating over a 10 mph range typically, always slow down going up a grade and speed up going down one. Driving like that just pisses me off. I don't want to be that asshole, hence I would like cc.

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
Nothing is more annoying than hwy driving when some dick comes up behind you like you're not moving, when going down a hill, only to then have them slow down when going up a hill and get in your way. I know I'm going 70 mph +/-2 mph constantly, 99% of people who don't use cc don't realize that their speed is oscillating over a 10 mph range typically, always slow down going up a grade and speed up going down one. Driving like that just pisses me off. I don't want to be that asshole, hence I would like cc.

I completely agree. I use my CC everyday.

·
Registered
366 Posts
So can you make us something to retain the cruise control Larry?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Just let say i am the first person to have one and let me say,it is a well design piece.The pictures up top is my TB.
Good job guys.

·
Boost Junkie
12,635 Posts
Chris,

What about the throttle cable, it looks like that one uses a different one. Definately interested. I'm running the PHR street manifold and would like to use a different t/b.

Steve K.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts