Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to separate the transmission case from the intermediate plate and it won't come off. Ive been referring to the TSRM and it says to remove the bearing snap rings(done that, i removed 4 in total) and then the tranny case should separate from the plate. I have been hammering on it and prying it with screw drivers and it is loose but something is keeping it from coming all the way off. :confused:
Please help. thanks.

Scott

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Put the two smaller inner snap rings back on. This will hold the bearings in place on the input and countershafts while you tap on the case. With all of the snap rings out, the bearings like to come off a bit and cock sideways, jamming the case on them.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Hrm, I can't imagine why you'd still be having trouble with this. You do have the extension housing off already, right?

How is the transmission resting while you are tapping on the case? With a stubborn case, I like to put the nose of the input shaft down on a clean, folded rag on the bench and hold the tail of the output shaft straight up in the air with one hand and hit it (the case) with the other. The blows need to be evenly spaced to keep the case moving straight off of the bearings. Gravity is your friend when doing transmission work. HTH.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did actually try it like that but the bearing on the input shaft seems to be pushing against the tranny case and keeping it from coming out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts