Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hair Club Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, every piece of trim is getting painted the same color. The doors and hatch should have been painted today. Right now I'm gluing on all my brand new weather stripping....so nice and worth it!!

Chris D.

Y

·
0 Posts
WOW I live in iowa and painting my supra all black is what I was going to do! I feel so original....i mean it's iowa for chrissakes

·
Hair Club Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I bought a bunch on new parts for this paint job, but by far the best items are the weatherstripping.....the rubber from the front mirror over the top of the winshield frame. I replaced both rubber strips on the sides of the targa, and the rubber at the rear of targa, over the rear targa that is. I spent about $125 for these 4 pieces from Curt in IL. I also bought new trim for the top and bottom of the hatch (black trim) all new spoiler trim, hatch stops....oh and a brand new toyota logo in black for the front. ($16) SO far much more than I wanted to spend and not as much as I really need to spend.

Chris D. In Boise, Idaho.....(the Iowa thing is just a joke)

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
wow, thats a good deal. local dealer wants CDN$160 for just the targa sides and back gaskets....

·
Mk3-Mk45-Passport-Eagle
570 Posts
sweet man i love the glousy black!!! it gives me a boner lol jk....i see a couple red parts inside your pasanger head light...paint those suckers!

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Bishop92T said:
:drooling:

Black is sweet on a MK3.
Exactly why I'm getting my done black :)

·
Hair Club Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The red parts will be painted. The hatch area too. Just a little black spray paint and all is good. Its's mostly the engine compartment that need it. The rest is well hidden.

Chris D.
Boise

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Rajunz said:
Does that price include the SOGI discount we usually get with Jay Marks?

i.e. is there any discount on the price the website comes up with?

Jared

1 - 20 of 22 Posts