Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep it happen to me today on my way home from work. Some dum ass in old exploder coming head on in my lane. I was going about 45 and 20-30 feet away from his car he was driving on the opposite side of the road. And BOOOM
I am ok just some shoulder pain, but the car is totaled 91 N/A MKIII 68k RIP
If insurance co wont pay me much I am just going to take off all the parts that I put in it and start looking for another TURBO MKIII or may be a Koki style 240 newer models.
Yep my luck run out.
My advice to you guys, wear your safety belt at all times ( i had mine over my left shoulder only) and DO NOT take out the bumper supports.
I am not looking back, but looking forward to new begining :D
Thanks for looking

·
Boostless
686 Posts
Damn, that's a shame to hear that. I loved your car! Glad to hear you are okay and good luck with whatever you do next.

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
damn man. sorry to hear about your car. good thing you're ok though. good luck on finding another.

J

·
0 Posts
I highly reccomend finding FS ads on every Supra the same year, options, and condition. You don't have to take their first offer. Flood them with paperwork showing what the car is REALLY worth. As we all know, the book value tends to be quite low.

Sorry, and good luck!

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
sorry to see that.

were u crying?

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
This week must be the shittiest week ever,

A couple kids I know ate shit on bikes,
Multiple supras I know crashed

and to top it off I ate shit in my daily driver

Week of shittyness.

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah no tears, Its more than puking looking at the car than crying.

Didnt tell you guys the whole story, the brakes on the exploder went out, he blew a brake hose and couldnt stop, which that makes me think he didnt keep distance in the heavy traffic hour.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Carl said:
Nah no tears, Its more than puking looking at the car than crying.

Didnt tell you guys the whole story, the brakes on the exploder went out, he blew a brake hose and couldnt stop, which that makes me think he didnt keep distance in the heavy traffic hour.
super..you sue him, he sues Ford..you both win!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
omfg eli...shit got pwnd hard. glad ur alright. who the f drives on the wrong side of the road? Only in FL.... :rolleyes:

how smart is it to plow into oncoming traffic instead of a trunk of a car ahead of u? I hate FL drivers.

edit...rofl i thought your car got totaled eli :wtflol:

·
Registered
945 Posts
and the day before yesterday my wifes brother completely totaled our friends PT cruiser. he thought he hit a squirrell ( was TRYING to hit it ) and instead of looking in the mirror or having his PASSENGER look....he TURNS HIS HEAD AROUND and runs a stop sign and plows the shit out of a 55 yr old woman driving an 85 dodge dynasty. completely trashed our friends 04 PT, we've been telling him to pay attn as he is easily distracted while driving.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Am I the only one that realizes how little damage that is for a 45 mph head on collision with an EXPLORER?

Glad to hear you're ok, but u mentioned the bumper supports and seatbelts. Did you have your bumper supports out or something? Or were you just mentioning safety? Good look with the new supra, now that you've had one, the next one will be even easier and even better :)

GOOD LUCK :bigthumb:

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Lets all have a moment of silence.

May her car soul R.I.P.
Good to hear your ok. Good luck with search.

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
but hey from an optimistic view, at least is was NA

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys thank you all for your sympathy.
I am not going to let myself down because of this, You all know what your cars mean to you, but it still a piece of metal.
Funny thing about it I was going to pick up a turbo engine from the yard for 150us, it has 160k on it, I guess i wont spend all the $$ for, the new center support bearing, a fog light that just went out on me of thursday.
Just waiting on monday to come around so i can see whats happening with ins co.

Global-- my seatbelt was on my shoulder only(left) like a harness. And the bumper support was in from factory.
I just hate to see a fresh engine and exhaust that me and my bro just installed sideways, looks dope.
Thank you all again, I will be around here reading all the posts like always.(So there is no giving up on this)
Later Supra Brothers

279 Posts
89 Black Beauty said:
but hey from an optimistic view, at least is was NA
Funny you should say that.
I actually WANTED an NA but then got the turbo because it was the closest I could find to the other features I also wanted.
There are indeed benefits of having an NA
1) cheaper insurance
2) slightly higher gas mileage due to a higher compression motor (speculating)
3) slightly more power & torque before a turbo car's boost would kick in (due to higher compression, speculating also)
4) easier to work on
5) less parts to fix
6) cheaper to maintain
7) less expensive to buy
8) longer lasting engine due to less stress on the internals

Don't assume everyone uses their MK3 as a race vehicle.
Some use other vehicles for that & see their Supra as being a personal luxury car.
Some baby their car when they drive it anyways.
When I bought my car it had 117Kmis. I have had never owned a car that lasted to even 100Kmis, & I have only owned Toyotas too.
I did feel like I was on borrowed time somewhat, and did baby it.
Maybe if it were a NA it would have taken me to California while I was touring.
But instead, it showed signs of overheating (intermittent BHG) and only got me to TX.
Maybe if it were an NA, the HG would have held up for an additional 10,000 miles due to less internal pressure, & it would have let me retour the west coast instead of having to bring it back home in NY.

I appreciate Supras in all the ways the come (different generations, NAs, Turbos), but they better have a targa (if MK3 or MK4) or sunroof (if MK2).

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Ya... at least it was an N/A

1 - 20 of 22 Posts