Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to thank the whole Sound Performance team for getting my car into the single turbo club. I chose to go with SP67GT-BB, SP 880cc fuel system, and RPS twin disk Carbon clutch. The Sound Performance crew treated me and my car very professionally. I can understand for these guys it wasn’t anything new or exiting, project wise, but they still paid attention to the smallest detail. Chris and Tim had to put up with millions of questions I had, and they spend time to make sure that I have the full understanding of the answers. Also, Denny had to put up with a lot of my technical questions and comments. It was also nice to be treated us important as other customers while this was relatively small project comparing to others. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Even with .81A/R, it spools faster than twins in TTC mode. I would say full boost happened at around 4100-4200 rpms, while having 5-7 PSI almost instantly after pushing the pedal down. For sure one very nice street turbo. Also, at 13PSI, running on the wastegate spring only, it felt stronger and faster than it ever did while BPU++ putting down 420 rwhp. For the first few days, when punching it in second or third gear, things happened so fast I wasn't able to watch my gauges. Of course after few days it all changed. Now stepping on it while boosting 17 PSI feels so good.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Congrats Chris!!! Enjoy the 67, I know I do!! Get used to the power before you crank the boost. What about cams? AEM?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dan.

I probably will do cams at some point. As for AEM, I don't have plans for it right now. I'll try Map Ecu 2 first when time comes.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As for AEM, I don't have plans for it right now. I'll try Map Ecu 2 first when time comes.
I finally wised up and decided to go with AEM. There is nothing better than the local support from one of the best in the business (SP and Larry).

·
I pretend to be fast
1,030 Posts
Great looking setup you have. What kind of numbers are you currently putting down? And agreed, the SP crew is great to deal with. +1

·
I pretend to be fast
1,030 Posts
^^ haha, I read that thread before this one! I didn't put 2&2 together. Hooray reading comprehension!!!! And good looking numbers btw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts