Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Supra nut
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who know me on here probably know that I have always (rather adamantly) had my mind set on never having kids. I've been trying to find a doctor to give me a tubal since I was 18; I'm now 24. I finally found a doctor who said he would do it. I went through a couple consultations, had bloodwork and an ultrasound, have surgery scheduled for two weeks from tomorrow... and I got a call tonight saying the hospital board won't allow it. Apparently my desire to never have children means nothing, and the fact that I have numerous health problems that would be made MUCH worse by having a child still don't make it "ethically responsible".

Here's the deal: Are there any doctors on here who are willing, or have a colleague who is willing, to sterilize a 24-year-old woman with no children? I will travel if need be, although it'd be easier if I don't have to. I'm in McDonough, GA which is about half an hour south of Atlanta. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful. :wavey:

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,761 Posts
Damn Serena. I am utterly, and highly pissed for you. This kind of bullshit should not be allowed. I don't understand why there are not more women out there, enraged by this crap, they we haven't done something about it yet. If we can still decide to take the life of a fetus, why the fuck can't we PREVENT one from even forming? (other than abstaining from sex, asshats)

sajhksdadadsa :blast:

I hope someone on here can point out the way for you girl!

·
Supra nut
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Tanya. The best part? I'm not even on birth control anymore because my IUD moved out of place and had to be removed, and I can't take ANY hormonal birth control. Fuck my life...? :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Those of you who know me on here probably know that I have always (rather adamantly) had my mind set on never having kids. I've been trying to find a doctor to give me a tubal since I was 18; I'm now 24. I finally found a doctor who said he would do it. I went through a couple consultations, had bloodwork and an ultrasound, have surgery scheduled for two weeks from tomorrow... and I got a call tonight saying the hospital board won't allow it. Apparently my desire to never have children means nothing, and the fact that I have numerous health problems that would be made MUCH worse by having a child still don't make it "ethically responsible".

Here's the deal: Are there any doctors on here who are willing, or have a colleague who is willing, to sterilize a 24-year-old woman with no children? I will travel if need be, although it'd be easier if I don't have to. I'm in McDonough, GA which is about half an hour south of Atlanta. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful. :wavey:

I dated a girl for a couple of months about 4yrs ago that had a her tubes snipped at the age of 21!!!! I would not believe her until i saw her paper work. I could not believe how she got that done at such a young age.

I still have her contact number. I am going to completely be a complete dip shit and try to contact her for you:)If she replies i will hit her up for the doctor's information and will forward it to you:)

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
It's nice to know that Octo-mom can have as many welfare-sucking crotch droppings as she wants and women who DON'T want children have to fucking be patronized because we "might change our minds one day".

Right.

Serena, AdrockTT also knows someone. Best of luck.

·
Supra nut
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's nice to know that Octo-mom can have as many welfare-sucking crotch droppings as she wants and women who DON'T want children have to fucking be patronized because we "might change our minds one day".

Right.

Fucking QFT. It's utterly ridiculous. Thanks though, and thank you Alpha! Let me know if you can dig up her doc's name.

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
I just re-read my PM and yeah, he's got the info. It was when he was in Jax though, but he may still have connections. Hopefully he hits this thread soon, it was a while ago when I inquired.

·
Registered
572 Posts

Right.

I was so utterly impressed by that, I may need to actually quote you in a sig.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts

I am in orthopedic surgery, but I DEFINITELY would not even consider doing this....

I asked my girlfriend this (surgical resident) and she said that if you have been vehement about this for 2 years, she would consider referring you to someone who would.

addition: gf said that had she been an ob-gyn and that she could chart that you had the desire to do this for 2 years, she would do it.

·
Apathetic = Me
1,065 Posts
I am in orthopedic surgery, but I DEFINITELY would not even consider doing this....

I asked my girlfriend this (surgical resident) and she said that if you have been vehement about this for 2 years, she would consider referring you to someone who would.

addition: gf said that had she been an ob-gyn and that she could chart that you had the desire to do this for 2 years, she would do it.

Just curous: Would you not be willing to do it on moral grounds, or (assuming) legal grounds? Would a doctor be liable if after being cut, for some reason the female decided that the surgery wasn't what she wanted?

I know nothing about medical stuff, but from an outsiders perspective it just seems odd. What's the difference between sterilizing a woman, and giving a man a vasectomy?

·
Apathetic = Me
1,065 Posts
Gotcha.

So the litigation risks for female sterilization would be higher in your opinion, as opposed to a man? Is the surgery more risky, or is this just newer ground that is perhaps just more "taboo" in the eyes of courts? Or is this strictly a function of her (relatively) young age?

I don't envy you guys (doctors) and all the legal hoops/litigation worries that you have to deal with.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Gotcha.

So the litigation risks for female sterilization would be higher in your opinion, as opposed to a man? Is the surgery more risky, or is this just newer ground that is perhaps just more "taboo" in the eyes of courts? Or is this strictly a function of her (relatively) young age?

I don't envy you guys (doctors) and all the legal hoops/litigation worries that you have to deal with.
the surgical risk in males vs females isn't very different. it is the females reproductive worth that is held higher.

·
Slightbreach of Etiquette
429 Posts
the surgical risk in males vs females isn't very different. it is the females reproductive worth that is held higher.
I had a former co-worker that sold eggs and was paid a couple thousand each time. Of course that's apples to oranges considering Women don't constantly produce their half like we do.

·
Flesh Into Gear
94 Posts
My wife got snipped at the age of 25 through her coverage at Kaiser.. As much as Kaiser generally sucks, they came through on that one. She had to attend the stupid seminar (and I went with her) but after that it was no big deal.

Then again, this is California and not The South...

All the power to ya, really. Kids aren't for everyone. And if for some reason you (or I/my wife) change your mind, there's always adoption! That's our back-up plan, anyhow.

Meanwhile: Do what we want, when we went and wherever we want! Life is good :)

Why? The patient in question has a number of health problems which would be seriously exacerbated by pregnancy, possibly leading to a higher probability of death during the process. The patient has also demonstrated a complete lack of desire to be yet another baby-making device for quite some time now. :lol:

There's a lot more to life than babies. Seriously.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I agree that it's just stupid. I went through the same crap, although not as long as you have. First couple doctors I saw refused to give me the snip snip. Finally got a dr that would do it, and I've been happy ever since. I wish I had someone to refer you to... I do wish you luck in your search!

·
Wingless FTW
594 Posts
Haha - "via the hoo hoo"

1 - 20 of 52 Posts