Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Southern MD Stig
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...the amazing thing about this is he hasn't yet turned the boost all the way up on his set-up as he (the owner/driver) is still learning how to drive it!!

This viper had it's V10 built & stroked (9+Liters) and runs TWIN T88's** This run is low boost (~20psi) His set-up can support over 30PSI ! :eek:

...watch how effortless this FULL Weight, full interior, street Viper GTS makes a 7-second run look, lol... :hail: :hail: :hail:

http://home.comcast.net/~two1bar/videos/7.98GTS.wmv

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts
...the amazing thing about this is he hasn't yet turned the boost all the way up on his set-up as he (the owner/driver) is still learning how to drive it!!

This viper had it's V10 built & stroked (9+Liters) and runs TWIN T88's** This run is low boost (~20psi) His set-up can support over 30PSI ! :eek:

...watch how effortless this FULL Weight, full interior, street Viper GTS makes a 7-second run look, lol... :hail: :hail: :hail:

http://home.comcast.net/~two1bar/videos/7.98GTS.wmv
What transmission is in that thing? Looks VERY effortless

·
Southern MD Stig
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That I'm not sure who built it/what kind, I know he (Sal) drives it on the street so I will go on a limb and say a 4-speed GM.

~ Kay

PS; That Viper was running on D.O.T. street drag radials and no NOS* :eek:

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
He said it was a glide in a previous post showing pics of the car.

·
Southern MD Stig
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He said it was a glide in a previous post showing pics of the car
What ever it is I know he's drive around town with it frequently. (talk about a car you don't want to run into on the road, ROFL) We're trying to get him to come down to one of our local car meets in the MD/D.C. metro area. Last season they were huge with lots of people from the philly PA area, MD, DC, VA, and DEL...coming down for the meet and to do some hardcore hwy racing footage afterward. As a side note, if anyone here's interested in coming to one of our meets (there's many different high-po cars from supra's to skyline to, ferrari's then check the threads on the "Northeast" forum...we post there frequently. Hopefully Sal (the owner of that black beast will show up for us to see one of these days) :)

~ Kayvon

·
Southern MD Stig
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol boringest 7 second run i've ever seen
Haha, tell me about it...his car made it look like grandma could do it! (i know things (i.e. G-forces) were a LOT more violent in the cockpit thou, :D )

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
I know you guys have good meets down there and I'm sorry to say I haven't managed to get to one yet but hopefully that'll change. We had a little meet at Ridley Creek State Pk in PA over a year ago and Sal was kind enough to bring his twin turbo Viper to that meet, though it has since undergone some further major improvements as I saw in his pics. In case someone wants to see nice pics of Sal's car, he posted in this thread:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411338

·
Southern MD Stig
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
id like to see what she does on 'kill'

then again right now im still more impressed with garth's 7 second 6 speed
Yeah, Garth's 7-sec 6-SPEED Viper GTS is downright sick, but as you can see from how "easy" this 7-sec run was for Sal, that when the wick is turned all the way up (and slicks are used) This will be a mid-7 sec car @ 190+MPH.... Still, I have to agree with ya, to get times anywhere close to 7's with a freakin' stick shift is downright insane. :agreed:

·
Champagne Papi
5,697 Posts
Ryan woon sure makes 8's look hard with a clutch. Power shifting 1st to 2nd and shifting fast as hell on the rest.

·
2JZ S13
2,207 Posts

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Simply AMAZING!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts