Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I highly doubt it, but considered the possibility of selling my Supra. I could make up my mind much better if I had a better idea of what I could fetch for it.

1994 Supra
103k miles (good compression)
Black/black
6 speed
Targa Top
Greddy T78 kit
Greddy SP Exhaust
Greddy Type R BOV
AFDX Intercooler (just as big as Greddy 4 row)
WOTM Clutch
17" Oz Wheels
New "Supra" tires
Fresh brakes

I don't at the moment have any add on computers or fuel system. This will change as soon as I can get my hands on a AEM unit. So I guess for argument's sake say I have also a AEM ECU in there and it dynos 650RWHP (which I know it will with the AEM ECU and alcohol injection for enrichment).

I don't plan to sell it now, it would be best to wait until I really do have the AEM and a strong mid 600HP dyno chart.

At that point, what should I ask for?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With over 100k mi???

I'd say $20-$24k

Yeagy said:
I would say high 29-32K would sound about right for the car...
yeagy

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw a 150k car going for 40k and people saying it was a deal just because it was modded out. Mine isn't quite as moddded, but a 650RWHP dyno sheet will certainly impress.

So we got two entirely different opinions. Anyone else?

The 30k guess was what I was hoping/expecting.

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
1,764 Posts
Hmmm well high miles will scare many but the only reason to be scared would be the turbos but youve gone single so id say a good 28 grand area.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could get around 27k. I highly doubt that you can get 30k+ unless the interior and the paints in really realy good shape. It never hurts to but the car up for sale though. Since you're in no hurry to sell stick with a price like 29-30k. If it doesnt sell, oh well, just turn up the boost and enjoy that 650rwhp. Either way you cant lose.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What if the engine was fresh? If things improve (ie I get another job after being laid off), I was pondering doing the motor over totally.

JE Pistons
Total Seal rings
Crower Rods
Crower Cams
Crower Titanium keepers and retainers
Crower Valve Springs
Ported head (20-30% flow improvement)
Upgraded intake manifold. Extrude honed, internally ported, and enlarged just like the SP intake.
Figure 750RWHP at that point

What would it be worth then? What does mileage matter when the motor is brand new and heavily upgraded? How much MORE would it be worth then? Believe it or not, the above isn't all that expensive.

·
3,463 Posts
I wouldn't do the whole rebuild when the return you're going to get from the added parts would probably cost more than you will get when selling

Does that makes sense?

Damnit I need to go to sleep

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Derek,

Honestly...if you're planning all those mods...why are you talking about selling? I doubt they would raise the value that much overall, but having a fresh motor will certainly help your cause to some degree.

If you really want to sell the car, sell it now...don't dump more of your hard earned money into it. Conversely, if you want to build it up...keep it and enjoy it! ;)

Steve T.

AnArKey said:
What if the engine was fresh? If things improve (ie I get another job after being laid off), I was pondering doing the motor over totally.

JE Pistons
Total Seal rings
Crower Rods
Crower Cams
Crower Titanium keepers and retainers
Crower Valve Springs
Ported head (20-30% flow improvement)
Upgraded intake manifold. Extrude honed, internally ported, and enlarged just like the SP intake.
Figure 750RWHP at that point

What would it be worth then? What does mileage matter when the motor is brand new and heavily upgraded? How much MORE would it be worth then? Believe it or not, the above isn't all that expensive.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In don't know, cause I saw a 150k mile supra going for $40k because it had tons of mods and a fresh motor. I can get to that point for $3k-$4k.

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
I'm guessing it would be really tough for you to get over $35k no matter what you do, but it doesn't hurt to try. All it takes is the right buyer and you're there! ;)

Steve T.

AnArKey said:
In don't know, cause I saw a 150k mile supra going for $40k because it had tons of mods and a fresh motor. I can get to that point for $3k-$4k.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Geez..I wouldn't pay more than $14k for that with all those mileage. Where are you guys at and how did you guys come up with those pricing? Here in california, ppl are having a hard time selling supras. I am going to check out a silver 94 TT, auto, 60k, silver, and the owner is only asking for $18,000. No mods and excellent condition. The most I am gonna offer him is probably $15k. I am guessing that the pricing for supra varies big time in different regions.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
davezaristo said:
Geez..I wouldn't pay more than $14k for that with all those mileage. Where are you guys at and how did you guys come up with those pricing? Here in california, ppl are having a hard time selling supras. I am going to check out a silver 94 TT, auto, 60k, silver, and the owner is only asking for $18,000. No mods and excellent condition. The most I am gonna offer him is probably $15k. I am guessing that the pricing for supra varies big time in different regions.
Keep telling yourself that. Offer him 15k, go ahead. If you are lucky and he is foolish, he will take it. Or he can wait a week and probably sell it for his asking price.

I love the people who say mods worth in excess of $10k combined amount to "nothing." Fine, you aren't gonna buy my car. Kelly Blue book may not be affected, but most of the guys in here understand blue book has nothing to do with the selling price of MKIV Supras.

I think I'm gonna post it for sale after it's tuned and dynoed, at a slightly higher price than most would pay for it. Thinking $28k asking. If it sells....great. If not....fine too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts