Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ditched this idea a few months ago due to the wheels having a different bolt pattern, however they have come up again for sale, and this time the seller is refering to some adaptor plates that can be easily found to fit them on a supra.

The wheels are from a 2001 996 Porsche Turbo:

Rear 18x11 ET45

Front 18x8 ET50

Bolt pattern 5x130

Wheel bolt adapters are available from many vendors to match these to the Supra.

These are OEM Porsche, not replicas!
First, what does the ET mean?

Second, whats the widest wheel I could effectivly fit on the 8inch fronts?

Third, assuming I ran 285's or 295's on the rear, would the staggered width difference be enough to throw anything off?

Fourth, Im guessing not, but would I need any fender rolling for the 285's on an 18x11 inch wheel? I know the 295's are borderline depending on lateral g's and suspension stiffness.

Thanks, I need accurate input fast! And before anyone says anything, they have turbo centercaps, not porsche emblems.

I know I just had a whole thread about the CCW's, but something family related happened and I no longer have as much cash to spend. Plus, the wheels are a little cheaper than tires for them !

-Davis Clark

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I don't know what these exact adapter plates look like, but the ones I've seen take up a bit of thickness between the mounting hub and the hub pad on the wheel. ET is offset. With an adapter plate of any thickness, I bet that the 18X11 ET45 rears would not fit and would stick out quite a bit beyond the fender line. My rears are 18X10-1/2 ET45 and they are flush with no spacers or adapters.

Too bad, if these are the Porsche wheels that were shown in pics here not long ago, I think they look great.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, so the rear offsets will work perfectly...how about the fronts?

Yep, same ones. I loved the way they looked too. Im guessing I could get a 255 on the 8inch front; 245's were a pretty good wit without much stretch (on OEM supra fronts).

Here is the good news, even though it doesnt really help anything. My fathers C4s which is sitting 3 feet away from my supra right now, has these exact same wheels.

Anyone have some ideas? Considering the porsche wheels are only $900, I cant think of a better setup if I could get them on. In the post about this same thing a few months ago (which had pics of these wheels on a supra), it said something about drilling the wheels? Anyone got some info on that?

Also, offsets are beyond my realm of knowledge.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Im assuming you mean whats the widest tire you can fit on an 8inch wheel? I think the biggest you would normally go is a 245, but that may be a little large. Those may fit in the rear, but im pretty postive you would have to roll them regardless. I guess it depends on how thin of an adapter they make.

Sucks you can just put your dad's wheels on to see if they'll fit fine. If the bolt pattern isn't to far off you could drill the holes out a little bit, but I really don't think you should go that route, or is the patterns are close enough to be able to do it in the first place.

Alex

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did mean tire, I was editing the post and my power cut out......:shrug:

Wheel adaptors are out, the thinnest they come is 1 inch...way out of the question.

How the hell did they get those wheels on the car? According to a wheel shop around here you cant drill wheels with un covered lug nuts. While thats not a great description, I can see why.

Dam, I got all excited and now im kinda bumed out... Anyone know of an experianced shop I could call?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts