Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT:
Half a year later i STILL cant figure out where to connect this. Its pissing me off. Someone PLEASE look under their car and tell me where this plug goes( the plug is visible without lifting the car up). I took 3 more pictures of the damn thing. Thanks

This is a 2-wire plug comming from the steering rack area. The car is a late 89T with PPS.

Thanks
Dennis

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
it may not go anywhere-see if it works ok without it

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
the first pic looks like it could go to the other connector in the top corner of the pic, but i dunno...... the second pic looks like its for the small electric fan on the radiator..... if it has the blue and black wires then it is definatly the elec fan

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
That top one deffinately looks like it goes into the other connector in the picture, I am guessing that you could not even see it being as how it looks kind of dark and the pictures were taken with flash.

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
Looks to me like the other connector in the top pic is the same one as the one in the bottom pic. Anyways, the bottom one looks like your A/C clutch wire. Goes to a wire underneath the ignitor. Don't know off hand where the top pic goes.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys
Racefiend is right, the second connector in the top right corner of the first pic is the AC clutch lead wire, pictured in the second pic... The connector in the first pic has two wires, clutch lead wire (2nd pic) has only one.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree too that the connector in the 2nd pic is the clutch wire as i found it dangling loose myself... its other half i found located under the hood fuse box so i hope that helps.
Sorry to hijack but my aircon has never worked and when i was stripping down my engine i found this same wire unconnected, it has been gassed so does anyone think this could have been the problem cuz im betting on it...?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think i found where the clutch lead wire goes... Its under the fusebox but underneath the harness so it was really hard to see. Still unsure about the wire in the first pic.

As for the question, the AC wont work without the clutch lead wire connected, because that wire tells the magnetic clutch on the compressor when to engage, so when its disconnected, the clutch will always be disengaged and obviosuly wound not pump the refrigerant anywhere.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yer thats what i thought too... when the car ran i could not notice the clutch engage and when i saw the dangling wire i was like yipee! Now i just gotta find myself a new head to put her back together :dunno:
...End of Hijack!

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
Can you take a pic of where the plug in the top pic comes from. IE, where on the harness the wire lead originates? Might help figure outt what it is.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Racefiend, i edited the first picture and circled the place where the wire originates.

Thanks

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
hmmm...looks to be some kind of pressure sensor for the power steering. Must be something on the later years as I've never seen it before. Good luck with that one.

Christian

·
Registered
113 Posts
Racefiend said:
hmmm...looks to be some kind of pressure sensor for the power steering. Must be something on the later years as I've never seen it before.

Yeah, I don't even have one on my 87t .
I'll have to also agree that it looks like some kind of pressure sensor. Can you pull off the dust cap on the other end to see what's behind?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK doc, thanks. Atleast now i know what it is.
Now can anyone tell me where it actually goes?
Thanks!

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
there's a mating plug somewhere on the body harness.....i'm going to guess you have an early '89 and the plug doesn't exist on your wiring harness....

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I do have an early '89 but both engine and body harnesses are original. I was doing major work to the car this fall/winter, and im 100% sure that the plug wasnt just hanging there before that, it was plugged somewhere. Now the wire with the plug actually hangs low enough to touch the ground. Not only it looks gay, but my steering wheel is now much harder to turn than before (still using the same steering components, so it must be plug related).
If anyone with an 89+ could look under the car and tell me where the plug goes, i'd really appreciate it.
Thanks again

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
plug lives with the ones that go to the temp sensors, afm etc, should be coming off that part of the harness :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts