Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I herd this scarry whining noise when the antenna should have went up but the antenna is now stuck in the out position. The antenna doesn't go back in but I have the whine whenever the antenna should go up or down. Is there a FAQ on how to fix this anywhere? Is the motor having issues or is this a sign of another mechanical failure? I'd rather know what to look for before starting to tear this apart. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
road hazard
452 Posts
symptoms appear to be a broken antenna mast. the motor is working but the mast isn't moving. you can pick a new one up at your local toyota dealer for about $45.

to remove the old antenna mast, unscrew the cap on the antenna. turn on the radio and pull out the old mast. to install the new mast, turn off the radio and slide in the new antenna mast. the motor should take it in automatically, then screw the cap back on.

note: be sure to check the old antenna mast to see how much mast was broken off. if a good portion of the mast is missing, then the broken pieces are stuck in the motor assembly. just take apart the motor assembly and remove the broken pieces before you install the new mast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts