Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shaved the antenna on my 87 supra. I'm using a $20 stick on window on my back window. I can hardly hear any stations. Anyone know of a better antenna?

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Hey guys, I removed my tires and replaced them with a bunch of rubber bands wrapped around my rims for better handling at the Auto-X course, but I'm still loosing traction... any ideas?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hey guys, I have an 88 Supra Turbo I was hearing some weird noise like air escaping coming from the front every time i change gears, So I put a can fix a flat in the big whole with the little fan inside, but now it wont start, any ideas?

·
(◕_◕)
3,756 Posts
I'm going to remove my windows, and use clear packing tape in place of them. I heard it's great weight reduction.

·
Registered
179 Posts
:lol:

This thread has completed my day. Best question ever.

·
noooob sauce
414 Posts
i took my 1j out and trashed it cut a whole in the floor board flinstone power baby oh yea 2 ft/lbs of torque

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LoL. My bad I meant to say I put one of those power antenna that stick on the back window. I can hardly get any stations to hear. Is there anything out that gets better signal?

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
pix of power antenna on back window. thx

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
LoL. My bad I meant to say I put one of those power antenna that stick on the back window. I can hardly get any stations to hear. Is there anything out that gets better signal?
Yeah...

THE OEM ANTENNA THAT YOU GOT RID OF.

·
Proud MKIII Owner
2,408 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cann't put oem antenna back on cuz it never had one plus when I got the supra painted 4 years ago I got the antenna hole shaved. So no one knows of a better antenna thats not oem antenna?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
There's already a rear window antenna, at least on my 92 there is. I can pick up radio stations just fine with it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Think the am antenna is in my back window but I'm not sure. I know there is no fm antenna in my back window cuz my supra is from 87.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Think the am antenna is in my back window but I'm not sure. I know there is no fm antenna in my back window cuz my supra is from 87.
My 1989 has the rear window antenna too. I think it was to improve FM reception with diversity between the two antennas, but I guess it's possible the rear window antenna is for AM only.

I replaced the "factory five footer" chrome power antenna with an amplified black 18" power antenna. Works pretty well, but with CD, DVD, MP3 and XM/Sirius who listens to the radio (other than AM talk radio) anymore?

Best,

Brad

·
noooob sauce
414 Posts
shit i cut mine down and put a tennis ball on the end lol but no really i cut mine down to about a foot foot and a half and its fine you just need a ball on the tip

·
Registered
482 Posts
My 1989 has the rear window antenna too. I think it was to improve FM reception with diversity between the two antennas, but I guess it's possible the rear window antenna is for AM only.

I replaced the "factory five footer" chrome power antenna with an amplified black 18" power antenna. Works pretty well, but with CD, DVD, MP3 and XM/Sirius who listens to the radio (other than AM talk radio) anymore?

Best,

Brad
My stock antenna came broken when i bought the car, I wired the radio up to the antenna that is on the back window, looks like defrost lines, and the radio sounds great

·
Registered
872 Posts
Cann't put oem antenna back on cuz it never had one plus when I got the supra painted 4 years ago I got the antenna hole shaved. So no one knows of a better antenna thats not oem antenna?
So drill another hole. . . Oh and a better, non oem antenna is any solid external antenna or an amplified electric . . .Jeezuz, if you are really cheap, strip some copper cable and use that. . .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts