Supra Forums banner

421 - 440 of 443 Posts

·
Anthracite Club
535 Posts
Car has been collecting dust in my garage for the past 8 years. The thing is mint but in need of a refresh/update ! Going to make a thread in builds section adding some brand new oem parts, updating fuel, turbo, ems, etc. should be fun..haha

100_2474.jpg 100_2475.jpg

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts
Car has been collecting dust in my garage for the past 8 years. The thing is mint but in need of a refresh/update ! Going to make a thread in builds section adding some brand new oem parts, updating fuel, turbo, ems, etc. should be fun..haha

View attachment 193961 View attachment 193969
You are in need of some new pics soon. (in the garage doesn't count ;) )

What do you guys think is the best wheel colour for the 1A1? I'm having a hell of a time deciding on wheels.
IMO; Polished, silver, gunmetal, or a grey at the darkest. As typical as these colors might sound, I think these look the best on this color. All black/ really dark wheels have a tendency to take away from the car especially when this color is already somewhat dark and looks unique in itself. (again this is all 100% my opinion)

Now if you want something different; I think this color combo on an 1a1 would be interesting... I feel that if these colors were ixed together is would almost create an Anthracite-ish color.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I think I do agree with what you are saying. I've been so torn on what wheels to go with. I was thinking about matte black ADVAN GT wheels, but I feel the black will be lost on the car and wont Pop like a black wheel does on a lighter car.

I have also been curious about the bronze/flat black look on the Work wheels. Seems like we are thinking along the same lines..

You are in need of some new pics soon. (in the garage doesn't count ;) )

IMO; Polished, silver, gunmetal, or a grey at the darkest. As typical as these colors might sound, I think these look the best on this color. All black/ really dark wheels have a tendency to take away from the car especially when this color is already somewhat dark and looks unique in itself. (again this is all 100% my opinion)

Now if you want something different; I think this color combo on an 1a1 would be interesting... I feel that if these colors were ixed together is would almost create an Anthracite

·
Administrator
17,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
I think that black wheels on an anthracite car can look great. I've recently seen photos of an anthracite Supra with CCW SP505a's on it in black that absolutely pops.

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts

Here is a quick little photoshop rendering I did of those Work Meister's.

Probably would look even better without the blue calipers.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Same here!

4N RCKT, your car looks beautiful with the Volk´s on!

·
Registered
827 Posts
I cant wait to post up pics of my newly acquired anthracite! I will be picking it up next week and babying it from there on out Haha. Been looking for a factory original anthracite for years!!! Anyways...

1993 Supra Turbo anthracite
1 owner car
92k miles
Black leather interior
Wingless

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
827 Posts
Here she is! Picked her up in Cali and made a cross country trip to Florida. 1 owner, TT wingless car with black interior. I love this car!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Boost Junkie
12,535 Posts
Oh man-the unicorn! Congrats.

Steve

·
Registered
827 Posts
Congrats. Is it a manual or auto?
I wish it was a manual! I actually have a complete V160 drivetrain from the flywheel back that will be going into this car.

Oh man-the unicorn! Congrats.

Steve
Thank you sir! Been searching for this color since I first got into Supras

·
Part of the MSB club
1,386 Posts
Was this the car for sale in San Diego? Older guy owned it and “gave it to his grandson?”

J/k it is, same license plate. Hopefully you got all the info on the car before purchasing. I was eyeing that car but the grandson rubbed me the wrong way and kept lying to me so I let it go.

421 - 440 of 443 Posts