Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this a little late, or else I would have rather just called, but I was told that you carry the anti-magnetic blankets that you need when you're running dual walbros.

I just need to know how much it is and make sure that you have them

Thanks
Kevin Martin

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
Yes sir, we have it. Its in the Fuel Components section - Powerhouse Racing Magnetic Fuel Wrap.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much. I appreciate the quick reply seeing that it's late on a Friday.
Kevin

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Dusty, what are these things. I've never heard of them and will be install dual pumps very very soon. Can you elaborate on these a little.

Thanks

Yuri

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
It is a sheet of shielding material that prevents one pump from interfering with the other pump. HIGHLY recommended with any dual or triple setup. I can't believe these companies that offer supposedly complete kits aren't including this!

Dusty

·
Registered
221 Posts
This piece is very important in a multi-pump setup. I just picked one up from MVP last week. Since the pumps are magnetic, when you place the fuel pumps next to eachother, the windings are flowing in opposite directions. When energized the fields are working against eachother trying to move the other pump in the opposite direction.

Thanks,

Joe Schesso (Formerly HPF_MK3T)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Just curious, is this shielding just a neoprene sleeve? Has the shield been tested to show that it does work? Also, how much is this said shield?

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
"Just a neoprene sleeve" is what Titan sends in their kit. Its the one thing about their kit I really don't like. Ever seen what happens to rubber after sitting in fuel for a few years?

Shield is $45. Was tested to work back in the late 90's.

Dusty

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dusty, I ordered the blanket and haven't received it or any info.

When you have time, can you look up the order and let me know the status.

Thanks
Kevin Martin
1700 NE 162nd Ave S1
Portland, OR 97230

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
KevinM said:
Dusty, I ordered the blanket and haven't received it or any info.

When you have time, can you look up the order and let me know the status.

Thanks
Kevin Martin
1700 NE 162nd Ave S1
Portland, OR 97230

www.ups.com tracking # 1z55e2e50364919545

Thanks Kevin,

Dusty

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm. Hopefully there's another tracking number, that one was for something going to Minneapolis, MN, not me in Portland, OR

LMK
Kevin

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any new news?

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
They ran out and had not shipped it, they got more in Friday but Jarrett said he wasn't there when UPS delivered so he didn't have time to get it out. It went out yesterday 3-day air so you have it for the weekend.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for your time in looking into it for me.
Kevin Martin

S

·
0 Posts
I ordered a strip about a month ago. Glad I did, after reading what some of the saftey it adds

·
Registered
27 Posts
V8 Killer said:
"Just a neoprene sleeve" is what Titan sends in their kit. Its the one thing about their kit I really don't like. Ever seen what happens to rubber after sitting in fuel for a few years?

Shield is $45. Was tested to work back in the late 90's.

Dusty
Good thing I saw this. I just bought Titans fuel kit. So, Titans neoprene sleeve is good for what... 2 - 3 years. About how long is the Magnetic Fuel Wrap good for before it starts to fall apart, or will this be permanent for the life of the car?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts