Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, any 97 NA owners on here I can talk and shit and compare my car with theirs?

On another topic, anyone know where the ABS ECU is on the 97 NA's? Man I hate finding missing shit on my car...

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
rwsupra.com said:
Under the center console is where the ABS ECU is....
Yea, that's what I was told. It's been a while since I looked in there, I didn't notice anything. Is it next to the keyless entry ECU or is it more towards the front of the car?

I just hate seeing shit and wondering if my car has it or not. I bought my car from a very shady person (which I didn't know about) and now I'm finding out all new shit all the time. So please excuse my anal threads sometimes.

Also would it look like this?

-----

Edit: this is an old picture of my center console: I don't see any ABS ECU, any idea what that sucker looks like?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Your ABS ECU is under your keyless ECU

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
streetraser2002 said:
im 97 n/a. i think it's right above/connected to the cd player/radio if you pull that plate out w/ all the a/c, heat/dash panel off.
Shit I just pulled it out to install my new AC control unit. I was checking the keyless entry (center console), but don't see anything. Any idea what it looks like? Does it look like the one circled in red in my first thread?

·
Registered
951 Posts
no, that's next to your ecu. and the center console is the keyless entry. it's right behind the main center plate w/ all your controls for your ac/heat. i believe it's a kind of brownish color???should be mounted right on top of your stereo behind that dash

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You 97 guys, can you take a pic of your main o2 sensors for me please? I was told that my car is non-Cali spec (from looking at the VIN). I'm just looking for o2 replacements.

Anyways, went to NGK's website. Here's what they list.

Non-cali: (1 wire)

Cali: (4 wires)

My current one looks like the Cali-spec's sensor, and has 4 wires like it discribes. I'm confused.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Michael,

To see if you have ABS, just jam on the brakes. You'll know quick.

97 NA is OBD2, it has the threaded type of 02 sensor regardless of where it went to (cali or not). The other one you show the one with the flange, that is OBD1. The OBD2 NA has 2 02 Sensors on the exh mani by the head and one down low at the cat.

Yup, I've got a 97 NA.....

-M

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea... I was just over at ngk's website. That's the 2 sensors they listed for the 97's: Cali or Non-Cali. I guess they are wrong then?

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
98 TT was my first car, my secont was a 95 TT, now I have a 97 NA......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts