Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anything happening in San Diego at all? I know there is some gathering up in Esco but not sure if there is any action centrally like it used to be..at least %10 of it!

·
Im da TRAIN, u on da trax
666 Posts
where exactly is that? im in san diego on buisness, Del Mar actually and would like to go to the meet. What time?

·
666 Posts
12350 Camel Mountain Rd?
i map quested it, what time is everyone meeting up? Id like to get down there and meet some of u CA guys.

Im about 10 mi away from the Costco

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
bwahahahaa i knew it. honda kids showed up and ruined the meet. 5 chp cops cars came out and handed out tickets. my boy shopped at costco and told one of the officers to fuck off he did nothing wrong and left and they didnt do anything to him. he was going off on how its costco private property they didnt have probable causet etc etc. rest of the kids at the meet werent too smart though. 3 cars were impounded and dozens smog violations. Drag NET at its best.

·
666 Posts
ya, i passed by about 7:30, only a few honduh guys there so i went and got a bite to eat at cali pizza co

when i went back a lil before 9 there were about 4 or 5 cop cars.... :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this sucks big time..

maybe we should look for isolated spots.. Back in the day we used hang out at clairmont mesa area. 805 x clairmont mesa blvd. some street behind McDonalds..not much people knew about it.

·
666 Posts
so seeing as how this is kind of relevant

if one was to say, bring his car in from out of state, where it is legally registered, but not smog legal, because where it is registered requires no emissions....

for a visit.... and i was to attend one the the gatherings described in this post

would i have to worry about getting ticketed? my car is far from stock, and from what i gather, any "modification" that does not bear a CARB sticker will get you a fine... correct?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Toro34 said:
so seeing as how this is kind of relevant

if one was to say, bring his car in from out of state, where it is legally registered, but not smog legal, because where it is registered requires no emissions....

for a visit.... and i was to attend one the the gatherings described in this post

would i have to worry about getting ticketed? my car is far from stock, and from what i gather, any "modification" that does not bear a CARB sticker will get you a fine... correct?
knowing the cops here in san diego and if you would have gone to the meet they would have impounded your car. one of the turbo civics with a swapped motor was out of state and he got impounded.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
supradup said:
knowing the cops here in san diego and if you would have gone to the meet they would have impounded your car. one of the turbo civics with a swapped motor was out of state and he got impounded.
technically, they couldnt have impounded a out of state car. correct me if I'm wrong!

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
logan_yomtov said:
my understanding is that while in california, you're subject to california law.
yes and no.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
some people register their cars out of state to solve smog problem, so I dont really understand why they impounded a non-CA car..

·
Banned
340 Posts
I keep out of state plates on my supra becouse if I did'ent the cops would have a wonderfull time with my car with all the mods I have! and I have been to a couple of meets that got rolled and have been pulled over twice and have never gotten a ticket (knock on wood). if a guy with a out of state plate got towed he had no insurance or something like that.
but also keep in mind that the cops are getting smarter, if you have out of state plates on your car and the car is in your name and you have a california I.D. the cops will question you. so it is not as easy to get away with out of state plates any more but trust me their are still some ways around it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AZWildcat said:
I told off the cops who were harrassing us at a Symbolic meet. I can't believe the nerve of SD cops. God I love being in law school. :)
give us some hints :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts