Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
From my experience:

1) If you truly plan to get a bike after the course, get some appropriate gear ahead of time. This means good gloves and boots. Borrowing boots off the bat is ok for the training, but "timberlands" wont cut it out on the street. Gloves too, i wasted 25bucks on crap gloves becuase i needed something which was "leather." I wish i had put that 25 dollars towards a good pair of A* golves or something.

2) They should provide helmets for everyone to use but do research on helmets ahead of time when it comes time to buy one. In the sense of their raitings and approvals (DOT, SNELL, etc.)

3) Jacket, from my experience they said something that covers everything so sweatshirts were fine. Once again, ok for MSF bt not for street.

4) Pants, jeans or even khakis are fine for MSF (as in they only want something that covers everything) but not OK for the street.

Basically, if you have to go out and buy anyhting for this class, like gloved or shoes (like i did) just put that money towards proper equipment from the start!!!

Also, when it does come time to buy the bike and the gear, please ask yourself how much your life is worth when buying the stuff. If you want to ride around in sneakers, shirt and no gloves...more power to you when you end up like a pile of ground up meat. Just spend the extra money on quality gear that will save your life. :)

· Registered
39 Posts
Yes, if you want to take it a step further because you are concerned about your shins or something, you can just get shin guards or even leather pants. Those are both ends of the specrum, but there is a lot you can do.

As far as keeping things sublte, i totally agree with you. I wanted a black helmet, black gloves and boots. I dont like the flashy stickers on them...black is plain and subtle.

As far as the boots go again, just go to a motorcycle shop and check out the gear and try it on. Then ask their opinion too and just see what you like and what fits you.

I am happy to see that you value your life enough to purchase gear, whether it is all at once or slowly when you can afford it, ha. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.