Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the waiting list for over 3 groups of MSF sessions over the period of this month, so i'm preparing myself to be "on call", and am definitely going by mid-june...I knew I shoulda registered earlier heh...

anyways, i'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for taking MSF, possibly any tips or special advice that may help me when I am doing the course.

For shoes, what should I do? I can borrow my friends timberlands, but i'm thinking for the jacket, gloves, shoes, and helmet, I should just go ahead and buy the gear now so I at least get used to it at MSF...However, I think MSF will provide the helmet. I guess the only problem is that I don't like the multicolored getups that scream "race me" (or nail me hah)... I prefer more discreet stuff that gives your "average joe" commuting look, as that is why I have the bike, to transport, and have a little fun here and there...but I am also concerned with safety.

short version: i'm basically wondering if you have any suggestions for me as far as the course goes, as well as gear.

thanks in advance...

· Registered
6,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bigfish that is good info. as I metnioned earlier, I do value my safety.

I agree with what you said about buying right the first time, I think I will be going out to get some good boots and gloves...so that leaves me back to the question of which ones fit my preferences of being "subtle"...

I actually had a question about boots, do most riding boots have a system that secure your jeans over the boot itself? I wonder this because say you were to take a spill, and wide up sliding on the ground surface, your jeans might be "pushed up" off from over your boots and expose your skin and shred it :(

lmao did that make sense at all?

· Registered
6,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for your replies...carolyn yours was especially helpful!

I was looking around and the ICON super duty 2's seem like the boots I am going to get, i've heard they are very comfortable for walking, and the protection they offer are good for what I will need.

as for the bike, I am going to buy one of those new suzuki gsxr1000's. even though everyone I talk to who has several years of experience tells me to start on a 500, I don't think that it applies to me. because I used to ride my bicycle to school in 5th grade, so I know how to ride a motorcycle....

lmao, i'm kidding, but sadly that is something you read on the internet waaay too much. the last motorcycle i rode was this late 70s yamaha 80cc bike...it was great, until it got stolen lol. But I was only 11, so I'm going to go to MSF and see how the 250s or 125s feel there, and then I will choose between a ninja 250 or 500. The 250s go for really cheap and they are easy to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.