Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, how much OUT THE DOOR did you pay for it? :)

thanks,

Jonathan Mann

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured someone would start trying to crack on me. LOL

Anywho, just wondering how many of you defeated the salesmen in trying to get another $10-15K over sticker ( dealer markup).

-Jonathan

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
You can get MSRP if you really look hard...gotta call all over and you will eventually find one on a lot for MSRP. Most want $5k that I've seen now, once you talk them down from their initial 10k to $15k stupid first offer. After the summer, once the 07's go in production, prices will ease quiet a bit.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
SW has one, maybe ask him ?

However if you aren't a perspective buyer its a little rude to be asking someone what they paid for a car. I always get annoyed when someone asks me that.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Oh I am much a prospective buyer, or part of.

A near local dealer in RURAL Tennessee thats show room is only 3 cars big has one, a yellow fully loaded C6 Z06. They just recieved it Friday.

They told my father they had "bee'n searchin' Ebay and saw how much they were goin fur" and have it listed at $86K. :rofl:

But they told him over the internet last night they could make him a deal for $84K...OMG...hahahahahha

The MSRP on the car is $71K built exact on Chevy's website.

$15K markup? Thats serioulsy ABSURD.

This past weekend me and my father went to the Nashville auto show. Nothing big, but they had a Black on Black Z06 there with the SAME options for $69K and NO dealer markup. It was from Jim Reed Chevy.

The thing is, Jim Reed Chevy in Nashville is TN's largest Corvette Dealer. They sell them all the time and do not have that markup. They care about VOLUME of sales and not profit.

And that small little dealership in Lebanon TN is really wondering why they do not make the money....you must sell VOLUME. Thats all the manufacturers look at when they sell to the dealerships, The more cars the dealership sells the cheaper the COMPANY will wholesale the cars to the dealership because they KNOW they will sell them and the investors BUY STOCK in companies that SELL VOLUME not profit.

Believe me, I sold Dodges last year for a couple of months. Thats EXACTLY how we did it. We did not care about how much money in one car we could get, rather it was about how many cars we could sell off the lot each week! I still made huge bank on my sales, even if we broke even. The more we sold, the more we saved when we bought more stock of cars.

When people see cars flying off the lot, they will come and investigate WHY. And thats when your window shopping 500 credit scored customers pop in and buy a vehicle that day :lol:

You always have to give a little to make a little. And that my friends is why small dealerships usually stay small and large dealerships usually get BIGGER.

I think we can talk them down to MSRP if we haggle them enough. :kekegay:

-Jonathan

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
simann said:
Oh I am much a prospective buyer, or part of.

A near local dealer in RURAL Tennessee thats show room is only 3 cars big has one, a yellow fully loaded C6 Z06. They just recieved it Friday.

They told my father they had "bee'n searchin' Ebay and saw how much they were goin fur" and have it listed at $86K. :rofl:

But they told him over the internet last night they could make him a deal for $84K...OMG...hahahahahha

The MSRP on the car is $71K built exact on Chevy's website.

$15K markup? Thats serioulsy OBSURD.

-Jonathan

The word is "absurd". Incidentally, you are not a "prospective buyer" if you are a kid who's father is looking to buy a new car.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Actually I will be trading MY daily driver 2004 Nissan Frontier 4x4 in for it. :)
I will take over payments on my dads supercharged Frontier 4x4 and he will drive the Z daily.

EDIT: Pardon the typo, I was typing rather quickly and had no concern for correct punctuation. If you got the idea of what word I was trying to spell......well then you get the idea

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
^^^

Umm what?

You are trading in your Frontier for the Z06, but you will be making payments on it to your dad at the same time while he drives his 350Z? How many Frontier's do you have?

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2. we have 6 cars total.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats really great to hear. I was searching the Z06forums.com and found that much more than half of all C6 Z06 owners are paying MSRP.

The dealerships are sitting on the cars and not selling them at the insane markups they have listed on them.

Pretty much a waiting game.

-Jonathan

1 - 20 of 33 Posts