Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinkin about one day in the near future of selling both my cars and getting a 96+ 5pd Chaser Tourer V. Does anyone know about them?

·
Sawblades Rock!!!
194 Posts
Definately get a jzx100. They are great cars for drift and drag alike. But I didn't know they came in 5sp. I thought they were all driven by a 4sp electronic controll type trans.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TiWo2.0 said:
Definately get a jzx100. They are great cars for drift and drag alike. But I didn't know they came in 5sp. I thought they were all driven by a 4sp electronic controll type trans.
Really? i didnt know that. I DEF want a JZX100. If anything, i can buy another superstick V4 and make it have auto/manual mode. Ive seen pics of 1JZ-GTE 98's with 5spds tho.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
honestly, i always use a chaser with any shots..... :p

·
Sawblades Rock!!!
194 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
Ive seen pics of 1JZ-GTE 98's with 5spds tho.
Yea, after 97 I think an optional 5spd was available.

But yea, in the 90's in japan the jzx100 was the thing to have for drifting. I think they used a positrac rear-end but I'm not sure.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FL has very loose laws when it comes to registering a car. Theres a handful of companys that can import anything for around 8-10k on the top of the cost of the car itself, fully legal, fully registered under the original VIN, titled, and can be insured by any insurance company. The NHTSA has a list of importable and non importable cars, as cars across the border. But if they are imported as "parts" and then put back together in FL as the original car they were in japan, they are fully legal to be registered and titled.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow i gotta show my importer that! 6,000 USD for modded 96+ Chasers?? INSAINE

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
if you import one im going to look into importing a st205 :)

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I already talked to the local importer. Plenty do-able.

·
Registered
240 Posts
how much do you think it would cost all in all to import one and get it licensed...i've always loved the chasers

·
!black
4,622 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
FL has very loose laws when it comes to registering a car. Theres a handful of companys that can import anything for around 8-10k on the top of the cost of the car itself, fully legal, fully registered under the original VIN, titled, and can be insured by any insurance company. The NHTSA has a list of importable and non importable cars, as cars across the border. But if they are imported as "parts" and then put back together in FL as the original car they were in japan, they are fully legal to be registered and titled.

No.

They're bringing in a car, illegally, and you are registering it with your state...illegally. Just because your state allows you to register a vehicle doesn't make it legal.

At any point, you could be bent over and fucked by the US government should they find out. Plenty of folks have had their cars impounded and destroyed. You can choose to risk it if you wish.

·
Registered
240 Posts
who the hell makes all these laws? in my point of view....i should be able to drive whatever the hell i want as long as i do not put anyone else on the road in any more danger than the other guy driving his camry...are their any solid grounds besides safty reasons that we cant import cars?...if they say its b/c safty they shoud go outlaw all the cars made back in the 70's to early 80's...i'm just so sick how law enforcement and city coucils just create more and more laws...pretty soon i wont be able to wipe my butt unless i have a permit...just my 2cents

1 - 20 of 35 Posts