Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that sux that the 935 chinamani comes with a 46mm gate flange, the TiAL 46mm gates are almost $500. I already have a 38mm i was looking for a chinamani with a flange for the 2 bolt TiAL 38mm gate. Since im only running a T61 i think a 38mm will be enough.

~scott

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it says 46 on their web site, but 44 is more common.

~scott

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
44 is vband.. i love my 44.. I havn't ran high boost yet though.. i think i turned it up to 16 (.6 bar spring) worked good, but then an injector poped out (lol).. holds 9 good though.. hahah

IIRC the trav manifolds had a 4 bolt flange but there was 2 bolts ont the flange as well for the 38mm

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VJ RC51 said:
Just cut it off and put the other flange on
well it seems that cutting off a big flange and putting a smaller one would create alot of turbulence and extra head arond the WG due to the tube being a larger diameter than the WG flange. Im not sure about that but thats just what intiution tells me.

~scott

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
in the pics the WG flange is a 4 bolt, not a v band.....

~scott

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
The chinaman on 935 motorsports i was told by him directly was changed to a 44mm vband to fit the tial wastegate.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
simply cut it off. If there is a difference from port size to flange size then weld in a transition.

Remember how wastegates are sized. Bigger are better for holding lower boost and smaller is better supposedly for holding more boost
IMO I went with a 44mm because it was a nice happy medium.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
You could change it to 38, or order it with whatever wastegate flange you like. But why go 38? Seems like you would limit yourself there in the future.

There are also adapters, but it wouldn't make sense unless you had a FREE 38mm wastegate:

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
My thoughts exactly Supraofdoom...44mm Vband for the win.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts