Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am looking for short shifter. Which one is good? C's speed? B&M? What other companies make it for Supra MKIV?? Can anyone kindly tell me about yours? I expect the distance of the shifting is less. What about height? It seems like not much ppl. talks about it? Or, it is a bad mod??

:confused:

·
Registered
154 Posts
i dont have any experience with any of them, but supposedly, the B&M is a vey notchy and very short throw shifter. another alternative is the "Bryce Danna" (BD) short shifter. it is a modified 93-95 unit. it suppsedly has longer throws, but is less notchy than the B&M. dont know anything about the C's though...

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have the B&M short shifter. Shifting is noticeably shorter and crisper, you'll get a real click-click shift. It is somewhat harder to shift but you'll get used to that.

Flavio

S

·
0 Posts
C's is good but they don't make it anymore, from what ive heard its less clunky then the B&M. But the B&M is a very nice shifter, I'd definately buy it.

I dont know anything about the Bryce Dana shifter though.

Pretty much what they said....

Anyone know anything about the Stillway Sequential Shifter Kit?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of your input.

Is it possible to change the shift knob on the B&M short shifter ?

But why is it difficult to shift on B&M?? Is it due to bad alignment?

I have seen pics. for C's .... they are awsome!!

It is not like a piece of metal stick. It has a lot more than that.

It just like a structure.

·
Registered
154 Posts
the stock or any aftermarket knob should fit on the B&M.

the reason why it will be more difficult to shift is common physics. the pivot point of the shifter is raised, shortening the throws at the sacrafice of increased leverage needed.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, no wonder.

But, why don't they just make the shifter with shorter height from the privot point to the knob?

On the other hand, what if I shorten my shifter by cutting an inch from the shift knob? Does it necessary shorten the throw?

I had this done on my MKIII. Unfortunately, I only have a smooth shift on second try. ( My 1st shifter is difficult to shift, and I got another shifter for 2nd try) .

The only draw back to this is that I had to use MOMO shift knob.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
The B&M is a huge improvement over stock, with shorter throws than my '94 and a much better feel. It also makes a very cool clicking sound when going through the gears. :cool: The only thing I want to improve is getting rid of a buzz you get around the metal reverse lockout collar at certain RPMs from resonance in 2nd gear. I think it could be dampened with a little work but I haven't gotten around to it yet. It's still worth it to me though. Horsepowerfreaks.com has the best price.

The Bryce Dana is also excellent but it is just a modified stock shifter. It feels like a shorter version of the stocker and it is very easy to install.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BLITZSUPRA,
Is the BD shifter have those clicking sound as B&M? And, is the BD shifter is difficult to shift as B&M??

Is there any comparison between BD and B&M??

I would like to have a try on shifting C's shifter. I have good impression on this product. Of cause, I would like to see other brands too. Wanna make sure I am buying what I want.
=)

Anybody live in the east bay?? Maybe we can meet sometimes
=)

I am also available in San Jose. I work there. =)

·
Registered
362 Posts
BLITZSUPRA said:
The only thing I want to improve is getting rid of a buzz you get around the metal reverse lockout collar at certain RPMs from resonance in 2nd gear. I think it could be dampened with a little work but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
This is exactly what I have. It sometimes drives me nuts! I have the Veilside shift knob and am using the larger of the two springs that come with the B&M kit. It has improved (although engaging reverse is harder now) but this irritating sound is still not fully away. If anyone has found a permanent solution to get rid of it I would love to hear it.

Flavio

1 - 14 of 14 Posts