Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
651 Posts
I've had Ducati's since 2001.. I've owned the 998, the 1198 and currently have a Panigale and Hypermotard SP. What questions do you have?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I work for AF1 Racing (actually near ThomasKenyon), we have two fully certified Ducati tech's, we even let them go crew chief for livingston ducati's Pikes Peak efforts, that being said if you have any questions feel free to ask me or PM and I'll relay the question(s) and get you a solid answer.

Ironically enough I did just sell a Ducati Data Analyzer - 28620401B from a dealer buyout that I had forever...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm looking at Ducati also, what's the word on the diavels? How are they with high mileage, maintenance, anything about these would be great.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Streetfighter, Hypermotard, 848 (sold) owner here;

@powerfreak1: based on my conversations with the techs at my dealer the only noticeable inconvenience may be replacing the rear tire; it seems to be of a somewhat unique size and availability and thus higher $$$. Seems the torque from that motor goes through them pretty easy; people are getting anywhere from 2500-5000 miles at about $500 to replace (http://www.diavel-forum.com/index.php?/topic/3139-tire-life-and-cost/)

Otherwise that 1100 is a sweet engine used in other machines with decent maintenance intervals (7.5k miles for oil & 18k miles for valves)

Bonus factor: it's a really badass machine!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I firmly believe in test riding as many bikes as you can before purchasing, also ask the dealer for a service calander with pricing, warranty period etc. Try and check out the Aprilia RSV4 as well. At my shop (AF1 Racing) we currently have the R model for 12999 and the factory for 16999. V4, abs, aprc (adjustable traction, wheelie and launch control), factory has forged wheels, ohlins suspension, etc.

Like I said though, check out the inline 4's, Vtwins (we carry EBR), v4's etc and see what fits your riding style best before purchasing.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Do you ever use the data recorder? Most of my questions are based around it.
Pretty useful tool for track riding, although you'll need a system with Windows product to make it work. Combine it with the plug-n-play Ducati GPS transmitter from XT Racing and you can get some nice data: lap times, speed, RPM, throttle position, engine temp, gear ratio, and distance covered.

Are you interested in potentially tracking the bike? There are easier to use aftermarket lap timer/data acquisition setups out there. I'm currently using an XT Racing GPX Pro4, which has all the info of the DDA, but also adds brake pressure sensing, lateral G's, gear indicator, track mapping, and a few other features to it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
First paragraph/first picture of my response right above is what the readouts are for DDA: Speed, distance covered, RPM, engine temp, gear ratio, and throttle position are all show across a total ride time graph.

No traction control on mine, DTC or aftermarket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts