Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone run an egt probe in each of the 6 cylinders to see the variance in temps? just wondering if there are big differences from cylinder to cylinder? any significant gains to be seen from tuning eah individual cylinder?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a probe in each header runner. I haven't messed with it much yet, but I plan to soon. Mine is the Heraeus system. It has peak hold and data-logging, but I haven't loaded that software into it yet. It's an interesting system, but I haven't played with it much.

IF you install a system such as this, be VERY careful to position your temp probes at precisely the same distance from the exhaust ports. There's about 100 C cooling of the exhaust gas for every 12" of unwrapped header tube. AND, there's only 35 C temp difference with a full point change in AFR if all else (engine RPM, load, ignition timing, boost pressure, throttle position, etc.) is the same.

Steve

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boost Junkie (h) said:
I have a probe in each header runner. I haven't messed with it much yet, but I plan to soon. Mine is the Heraeus system. It has peak hold and data-logging, but I haven't loaded that software into it yet. It's an interesting system, but I haven't played with it much.

IF you install a system such as this, be VERY careful to position your temp probes at precisely the same distance from the exhaust ports. There's about 100 C cooling of the exhaust gas for every 12" of unwrapped header tube. AND, there's only 35 C temp difference with a full point change in AFR if all else (engine RPM, load, ignition timing, boost pressure, throttle position, etc.) is the same.

Steve
thanks for the info! have you talked to anyone else with a supra that has the same or similar setup as you. if so, have they seen much difference in temps betweeen each individual cylinder and then adjusted each a/f ratios accordingly? when you get your system going could you let me know how it worlks out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts