Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find any good IS300 forums, I am interested in purchasing one in the near future and I need to learn more about swaps and modability, ect.

Thanks!

·
KILL THE WABBIT!
253 Posts
yeah there is

CLUBLEXUS is one

and there IS an IS300 specific one...

someone help me out...

i joined there about 6 months ago
but didn't stay long...

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
MK3SupraNewbie said:
I can't seem to find any good IS300 forums, I am interested in purchasing one in the near future and I need to learn more about swaps and modability, ect.

Thanks!
clublexus.com
is300.net

swap?

V8 swap = 20k
supra swap = 15k
6 speed swap = 5-7k
Turbo = 10k
Supercharger 7-8k

·
Dreamer
1,628 Posts
IS300.net is the best and the biggest IS community. Clublexus's IS300 section is pretty much dead compared to IS300.net. Golddark summed everything up pretty much... IS300's are not cheap to mod, but 2JZ engine just loves boost and as you probably know, you don't really have to worry about blowing up the engine. I miss my old IS... it was a fun car even in its stock form. :)

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
Rookie84 said:
....you don't really have to worry about blowing up the engine.

Yes you DO!!!

Tunning the IS is a bitch

·
Tom Henderson
1,236 Posts
yea is300.net is huge. I was on that board for about 2 years. Lot of nice ppl on that board from what i remember.

I miss my is300 also!! but gave that car to my brother to get the supra.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Rookie84 said:
IS300.net is the best and the biggest IS community. Clublexus's IS300 section is pretty much dead compared to IS300.net. Golddark summed everything up pretty much... IS300's are not cheap to mod, but 2JZ engine just loves boost and as you probably know, you don't really have to worry about blowing up the engine. I miss my old IS... it was a fun car even in its stock form. :)
well said.... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Rookie84 said:
I miss my old IS... it was a fun car even in its stock form. :)

Rookie,

How did it compare in overall driving feel to your G35C?

I still love the G35C, but finally got to drive an '04 6-spd and was less than impressed with the power. Very nice car, though....

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
I'm about to turbo a customer's IS300 in the next month. The car is very fun to drive in stock form, I bet it'll be even better with 320whp.

And I agree IS300.net is better then ClubLexus as far as the IS300 section goes.

·
Dreamer
1,628 Posts
replica said:
Rookie,

How did it compare in overall driving feel to your G35C?

I still love the G35C, but finally got to drive an '04 6-spd and was less than impressed with the power. Very nice car, though....
IS300 felt more nimble and tossable than G35, while G35 seems to stick to the road better. IS300 was nice, but G35 is better stock for stock. 280hp vs. 215hp and G35 handles better in stock form. IS felt a bit underpowered and the stock suspension was a bit too soft for my liking. I'm happy with G35 in stock form since I was looking for both luxury and sport. It looks like if I ever modify my G35, it would be minor things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts