Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to bring my car to tapp auto but these guys think im just some punk kid who doesn't know anything about my car. I call in and the guy is trying to explain to me that they cant just throw the headgasket on and out the door, there is machining involed etc. I tell them what i want and they give me a quote for 2100 fucking dollars.. like what the fuck. I told them I wanted my head pulled off, inspect block and head, if block is ok machine head, cometic headgasket, arp studs, any new seals that can be replaced, oil change and cooling flush. she tells me that price of 2100.. like HOLY shit.

Anyone know of a good shop in ottawa area that treats the little guys just as good as the big guys?

·
Registered
479 Posts
That isn't too far of actually. There is a lot more to it than yanking the head and sticking it back on. If the block deck and head have impressions from the fire ring of the HG, they BOTH need machining.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I did this all on my car myself.
I live near Ottawa, Come over and I'll show you exactly whats involved.
I have two Surpas :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That isn't too far of actually. There is a lot more to it than yanking the head and sticking it back on. If the block deck and head have impressions from the fire ring of the HG, they BOTH need machining.

yes I know whats involved.. Just they way they were talking to me made me sound like a complete moron. They gave me a quote b4 summer and now its jumped by 600$ this is why i am pissed.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did this all on my car myself.
I live near Ottawa, Come over and I'll show you exactly whats involved.
I have two Surpas :)

I know whats involved.. just enevr opened a motor up b4 and dont have a place or time to do it. Me doing it myself would take me forvever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts