Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do a turbo setup with built internals on my car. Is there a shop in New England or the Metro NYC area that has a good rep? Any websites?

Thanks,
Mark

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats a 2000? a little too much TF&TF there??? j/k... :D

S2000's have a rep for weak rear ends because since it has very little torque on the low end, drivers drop their clutch at 7-8K and eventually kill their diff. With a turbo, torque can be had at lower rpms and I would have to worry about the rear end a lot less.

·
Registered
6 Posts
JiggaTaOG said:
whats a 2000? a little too much TF&TF there??? j/k... :D

S2000's have a rep for weak rear ends because since it has very little torque on the low end, drivers drop their clutch at 7-8K and eventually kill their diff. With a turbo, torque can be had at lower rpms and I would have to worry about the rear end a lot less.
Oh no!!! that Honda 2000 must have 100k under the hood!!! :eek: (Too bad nothing on the rear end) :eek: :D

Thanks for the info. I know a guy who has the comptech supercharger and a bunch of other goodies on his. He is on rear end #3 :eek: Needless to say, he will only run from a roll now...hehehe

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea that's why I was thinking about a turbo instead of a supercharger. The Comptech Supercharger torque curve is almost identical to the stock S2000 torque curve, all the torque is on the high end 8-9K. There is a turbo kit for the S2000 made by SpeedCraft in FL (http://www.speed-craft.com) that reaches max torque at ~3500-4000 rpms. It's a nice kit but I'm still looking to do a custom turbo kit with built internals.

I've found one shop thats looks good in NYC(RPM NYC), does anyone know anything about them?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DRT is in queens, they do good work with Hondas.

Paisley is in LI, they do good work, but charge alot.

Performance Fact NYC in queens...Ummmm...Ummmmmm.....
they build fast SHOP cars, but I wouldnt go to them.

Rampage racing in queens, not bad, but they seem to be more RX-7 oriented.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks TT in NYC,

saw DRT's website, they just got a new dyno...looks like some good guys...

what's wrong with Performance Factory? That's Vinny Ten's shop isn't it?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C-West S2K said:
thanks TT in NYC,

saw DRT's website, they just got a new dyno...looks like some good guys...

what's wrong with Performance Factory? That's Vinny Ten's shop isn't it?
No prob,

Yep, thats Ten's shop, and I've heard alot of horror stories about the work they do on cars.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Rampage Racing is no longer in business. Its a shame because I always had good work done there. I wouldnt let Performance Factory do an oil change on my car. I had them do work on my old 95 GSR and the car was totally screwed up. I had two other friends with Integras that had them work on there cars and they screwed those cars up to. They do not stand behind there work at all. Paisley is expensive but the job will be done the right way and thats what counts to me. Too many times people try and cut corners and get the work done cheap and then end up with horror stories. Pay the money and get it done by a good shop. I have heard nothing but great things about Paisley in Long Island and Bullish Racing. Good luck with your car.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
well not to far from nyc is bullish motor racing (ara is a great guy)also pro store (use to be really good dont know now)

try them !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts