Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 7m block never decked or bored its getting ross or probe forged pistons not sure what rods but i need to know what my compression numbers need to be and and other helpful steps on the rebuild.

Thanks

· Overlooked
4,693 Posts
If you're going turbo try to keep it around 8.5. The stock numbers are 8.6 for gte and 9.4 or 9.2 i believe for ge.

The reason for the previous post is because it seems like you're unsure of what you should do and what needs to be done. This isn't me being negitive, there's just alot that engines in general, this one especially, need to be looked at and done properly in order to be reliable. These things are a money pit too. Just to repair a BHG ran me about 2500 in parts and machine work iirc. That was doing the work myself. One thing that hardly any machine shop will know and I didn't either untill recently is that if you bore or hone the cylinders you have to have the timing belt tensioner bolt torqued to spec or it will throw off your #1 cylinder bore.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/default.aspx

Good luck on what you choose.

· Registered
148 Posts
If you're going turbo try to keep it around 8.5. The stock numbers are 8.6 for gte and 9.4 or 9.2 i believe for ge.

One thing that hardly any machine shop will know and I didn't either untill recently is that if you bore or hone the cylinders you have to have the timing belt tensioner bolt torqued to spec or it will throw off your #1 cylinder bore.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/default.aspx

Good luck on what you choose.
Why does it do this? Is it just becuase the bolt is close to the cylinder bore?

· Overlooked
4,693 Posts
It goes through the timing plate/cover into the block and can cause the slightest bit of distortion, something like .001" I think (depends on how over or undertightened). Very minute but in some situations it's all that it takes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.