Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I started modifying the Tundra and just put on an Edelbrock exhaust. Liking the power, but damn, it gets loud inside the cabin above 1500rpm. Any ideas on what I can use to minimize the sound into the cabin short of dynamat the cabin? (rather not do the dynamat inside, as I don't want to take apart the cabin) Like is there anything that I can wrap over the piping or underneath the truck to reduce the noise entering the cabin?

Thanks, Ant

PS. 20oz prime rib and BBQ :yum:

·
Ruff Rydahs
1,744 Posts
i'd say, get a louder sound system so you don't hear the exhaust :)

·
Bully
5,318 Posts
Get rid of the exhaust? You can maybe use dynamat under the car between the chassis and exhaust.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hah, i don't think i want to tinker into a sound system.

yea, getting rid of the exhaust is becoming a possibility and just going back to stock. sucks... but if it seems all exhausts are going to be like this for the truck (apparently they all remove the resonator after the muffler), then i'm going to forgo an exhaust period. i think i'll try the dynamat underneath the truck. what do you think i should try to cover? just the portion above the exhaust? or the whole underneath? looking it over, the catback isn't even under the cabin, it's all under the truck bed.

ahhhh i guess worse case, $187 exhaust + $90 exhaust shop (modify one pipe) down the drain.

·
Start of a new term
3,606 Posts
ANT......Go back to stock exhaust and just add a electric cutout. That way you can cruise quietly and when you want the power, open up the cutout.

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Pull the two Texas cocks u currently have down ur throat and stick the juicy dripping vieny cocks on each earhole. Instant earplugs. Hahahah. All kidding aside... its a big truck gotta have aloud rumble!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts