Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunno why my other topics got deleted, but ok....

Started the car today, and it fired right up......but here's the problem:

1.) Slave cylinder gone
2.) Oil leak somewhere (BAD)
3.) Power steering leak (kinda bad)
4.) Car won't idle right after awhile
5.) Still smokes out the exhaust on throttle (smells HEAVILY of fuel)
6.) Fuel pressure is 28psi
7.) Oil pressure at idle was 60psi then went down to 20psi after awhile

I don't know what the fuck the problem is, and I'm damn near ready to fucking give up :(

Thanks for all your help guys, unfortunately I guess I'm destined not to have a supra.

·
2,275 Posts
uhm sounds like my car a few days ago. fist off check all your oil lines to that turbo! also make sure the breathers on the valve covers are hooked up properly...

Your master clutch cylinder probably needs to be bleed that's what happened to mine but mine died so i bought a new one from napa it wasn't cheep! just inspected the engine and try to find that oil leak and go from their.

·
Registered
221 Posts
1.) get a new one there not that exspensive.
2.)Find it and replace the gasket again, not that exspensive
3.)same as #2
4.)replace the AFM, fixed mine when it was doing that
5.)replace the afm
6.)not sure what base line is, so no help there.
7.)What's wrong? you have good oil pressure. the manual says anything above 4 PSI after warm and at idle is good.

Nothing a little time and a little cash wouldn't fix. Then all will be well. These are old cars and need a little TLC. if you don't understand that the maybe you do need to move on.

·
Registered
221 Posts
found it!

6.)Fuel pressure at idle should be 23-30 PSI so your fuel pressure is ok.

So your not to bad off.

·
way over budget
664 Posts
don't give up 'cause of some piddly shit problems like that!! i've had rod knock twice, bhg twice, blown turbo, broke 1 transmission, and iv'e only drove my car 3 days since the turbo swap, and that was a month ago! now i've got electrical demons from hell. just fix that stuff and supra will make you smile again, just thinking about driving mine right now makes me smile!

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright well I was in a really pissed off mood, but I got some sleep.

Here's the little quirks:

The engine hesitates and has a rough idle (I'm gonna check timing today as soon as I get a timing light)

The bov "flutters" at idle when revved up (yes the engine was warm when done so.

If anybody could please figure out this clusterfuck of vacuum tee-ing I'd be greatful. How is this REALLY supposed to go?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Good, we had some sleep and now we are ready to get this fixed.
And if we could get a mod to move this to technical in case anybody needs it in the future.

Go ahead and check the timing and get back to us on that. As for the vacuum hose, here’s a diagram.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts