Supra Forums banner

481 - 500 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
There are sxe results coming in on evo's that look pretty good with the 69mm and 71mm. The 71mm made 902AWHP (awd dynojet) at just 42psi on one setup and another car was 935-950 (can't recall exactly) at 43psi, which doesn't seem bad for a 2.0 and inline with a 72mm FP Super99 which is popular. Haven't seen a 69 to 71 comparison though.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
My s369 0.91 A/R just made 935whp / 800wtq at about 32/33psi on e70, dynojet numbers.

At 26psi it also made 805whp, my old setup was making 800whp at 31psi... so pretty stoked on the numbers.

This was after multiple back to back runs getting it dialed in, engine was heat soaked. Would of probably made 950whp at that boost if we let it cool off.

The wastegate springs and map bar sensor wouldn't allow the tuner to run anymore boost. If we pushed it a few more psi I would of hit about 1000 I am sure. Housing and stock intake mani are causing a restriction to begin with.

My motor is 10:1 with stock intake manifold. Head isn't ported just port matched.
S2 cams with a docrace dual wastegate manifold.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
My s369 0.91 A/R just made 935whp / 800wtq at about 32/33psi on e70, dynojet numbers.

At 26psi it also made 805whp, my old setup was making 800whp at 31psi... so pretty stoked on the numbers.

This was after multiple back to back runs getting it dialed in, engine was heat soaked. Would of probably made 950whp at that boost if we let it cool off.

The wastegate springs and map bar sensor wouldn't allow the tuner to run anymore boost. If we pushed it a few more psi I would of hit about 1000 I am sure. Housing and stock intake mani are causing a restriction to begin with.

My motor is 10:1 with stock intake manifold. Head isn't ported just port matched.
Very impressive!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yeah did better than I thought it would,

I thinks its a combination of all the new parts but thinking the doc-race mani is where the biggest improvement was.

·
Registered
568 Posts

Thats very impressive. Larry at SP tuned mine, 10:1 motor, stock intake manifold and head, Kelford-D cams, and cast exhaust mani with .88AR housing made 805whp 745wtq at 36psi on a mustang dyno. Seems like a big gap for some reason.

·
Sound Performance
3,062 Posts
Thats very impressive. Larry at SP tuned mine, 10:1 motor, stock intake manifold and head, Kelford-D cams, and cast exhaust mani with .88AR housing made 805whp 745wtq at 39psi on a mustang dyno. Seems like a big gap for some reason.
Cast manifold is a restriction

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
an 80mm exhaust wheel is clearly the limiting factor? The .91AR should be the choke point. 1.0 is available.
80mm is the inducer of the wheel, the exducer is 73mm. Making the A/R larger doesnt do that much to the flow of the wheel and even more so if you go just .09 larger.

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
There is also a 1.10 available. The 80x74 SXE wheel is more restrictive than the clipped version the old S366s had. It will choke before the compressor runs out no matter what housing you put on it on most engines.

Jack
I think I read it somewhere (could have been this thread) that the standard S366 wasnt clipped, it was a Cummins etc special model that had the clip.

·
Registered
62 Posts
80mm is the inducer of the wheel, the exducer is 73mm. Making the A/R larger doesnt do that much to the flow of the wheel and even more so if you go just .09 larger.
It's a 6973 in PTE terminology. The FP Super99 I had was 7267 in PTE terms with a turbine wheel design that looks nearly identical to the BW and only a .85 t3 housing. Back pressure data from others had a max of 1.2:1 at 52psi boost pressure for the Super99 on a 4g63. I'm just surprised to hear that an 80/73 turbine would be a restriction on a 69mm turbo.

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's a 6973 in PTE terminology. The FP Super99 I had was 7267 in PTE terms with a turbine wheel design that looks nearly identical to the BW and only a .85 t3 housing. Back pressure data from others had a max of 1.2:1 at 52psi boost pressure for the Super99 on a 4g63. I'm just surprised to hear that an 80/73 turbine would be a restriction on a 69mm turbo.
There is somekind of mystery that i have never gotten a good explanation on with borg turbos they always have very large turbine wheels compared to PTE but still manages to out spool them bigger borg to smaller pte.

·
Registered
505 Posts

Thats very impressive. Larry at SP tuned mine, 10:1 motor, stock intake manifold and head, Kelford-D cams, and cast exhaust mani with .88AR housing made 805whp 745wtq at 39psi on a mustang dyno. Seems like a big gap for some reason.
Rev limit along with your Ex. manifold will contribute to this. Unless you're running the FSR log, you'll be limited up top. Plus more boost isnt always better. Timing and tune make a big difference

·
Registered
568 Posts
Cast manifold is a restriction

But 135whp at 6 psi less restriction?

Rev limit along with your Ex. manifold will contribute to this. Unless you're running the FSR log, you'll be limited up top. Plus more boost isnt always better. Timing and tune make a big difference
Running the SP cast manifold. Rev limit isn't an issue, and I am sure Larry knows how to tune. I'm sure its partly the cast manifold and stock intake manifold.

·
Sound Performance
3,062 Posts
But 135whp at 6 psi less restriction?

Running the SP cast manifold. Rev limit isn't an issue, and I am sure Larry knows how to tune. I'm sure its partly the cast manifold and stock intake manifold.
Honestly the most we've ever made on that manifold was ~850whp. And that was with an intake manifold

481 - 500 of 514 Posts