Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I read one thread from last year about obd2 emissions testing (plugging into diagnostic port) on a vehicle with a standalone. Is there any more info on passing emissions in this situation?

·
Old School
4,102 Posts
Seems very straightforward:

1. Does your state do the OBDII diagnostic port test?
2. Is your vehicle 1996 or newer?

If 1 & 2 above are true, then you *will* fail with a standalone.

·
Old School
4,102 Posts
BreakNeck said:
ok...I guess I meant is there a way the cheat it?
No. No standalone has the firmware to permit it.

You'll need to plug the stock ECU back in, and then hope you don't throw any codes. Resetting codes before testing won't help since you have to do a certain number of drive cycles before the test is valid.

G

·
In theory it WOULDNT be taht hard, supposedly there's a way where you can do roller testing if the computer won't read the codes....

However also...there could be a way in the works for those that need another "blackbox" to emit certain things from that port...in the works..

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
I'm on the same boat, I have a '97 with AEM!

The only thing I could think of is put my stock ECU into a stock '96+ Supra.

·
Old School
4,102 Posts
rocked said:
In theory it WOULDNT be taht hard, supposedly there's a way where you can do roller testing if the computer won't read the codes....

However also...there could be a way in the works for those that need another "blackbox" to emit certain things from that port...in the works..
BS it wouldn't be that hard.

Do a Google search on OBDII, read about what it is and how it works.

G

·
"supposedly you can do roller testing" is a option in the LAW if your OBD2 , not a obd2 thing, in ct if you fail the OBD2 plug , you can option to do roller testing like all the OBD1s...- And no it's not that hard, that's why I'm developing a device to do it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts