Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering,
any of you NA-T guys here ever run against an E55 AMG??
if so, how'd you do?

Thanks
Ken

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
I'm going to race my buddie's when he comes down from LA... but I've driven it around... that thing is no joke... the engine is underrated... Mercedes rates it at 469hp but it dynos at 429rwhp. So if you take into account a 20% loss in the auto tranny he's really running about 530hp... it's the fastest benz mercedes makes. The transmission is a work of art. The smoothest shifting I have ever seen. You see the tach bounce up and down and the speedometer just keeps goin but you don't feel the shifts at all.

I love my NA-T just saying the E55 is pretty damned fast. Plus if you take into consideration the amount of luxury in that damned thing...

·
gettin' irie
1,793 Posts
my mom has a clk55 and i raced my dad in it. i'm sure the e55 is much faster cuz i killed the clk. also, a guy that works for my dad has a 911 TT who also bugs me in a jokingly way to run. he is convinced his 150K+ car is gonna kill the supra. he is the GM of my dads toyota store so u would figure he knows a little bit more about whats in my car considering its always in there. theres another luxury car thats got some balls and style.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
911TT's aren't exactly slow... especially if he's done some work to it. Find out what he's got in it and race him for some cash. Better yet... if you're confident... race for pink slips if he's down. =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts