Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what you guys ran, and what i can expect to run with intake and exhaust. thanks guys...actually anyone whos been to the track, post it! i wanna see how the NA's are doing out there.

thanks guys.
bob

PS. i just read something the other day that the supra got a 14.1HP gain from the Apexi N1 exhaust. personally i got the drager, but i think 14.1 is the number to beat... anyone dyno'd their car after putting an exhaust on?

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
correction...

sorry, just to clear it up. what i read said that the supra **NA** got 14.1 HP. didnt wanna make ppl think it was a tt gettin that. it was the NA.

Bob

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
Well I went to the track with my 5speed...

I went on a cold/damp day with BALD ass tires and with a .9 reaction time and burning out through 1st gear I ran a 15.5, so i hope to run a 14.8 cuz once i got traction i was gone.

Nick

·
Registered
296 Posts
94 101K miles 5 speeds NA

I ran 15.7 with 1.25 reaction time and slipping 101K miles stock clutch.

I have 255x16 tires, Eibach Spring, HKS intake and Apexi N1.

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
When i had only the racing clutch on my car i ran a 15.1 and i could have improved on that. Then i put in an intake and iginition system went back to the track and ran i think it was a 15.6 i dont quite remember BUT i bogged out off of that launch. Next time i go again i should have a few more goodies on my car and ill try to get more then one run in. Here in Saint Louis you get like one run in from 3 hours of waiting at Gateway its really quite a bit of BS. If i was on racing slicks i would probably get 345 runs in a night. Anyway i can definately pull 14s and ill post it when i get the time ;-). Oh yeah and post turbo i should be HIGH 11s :) again ill post it when i get the times.

Later

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey, just looking for input.

theoretically, an NA auto with intake(apexi power) and exhaust (HKS Drager) would run...? from what i've been hearing auto's should be gettin better marks then the few posts here due to problems like slipping clutch..bogging the launch...right?
so what do u think i'd run with the above mentioned parts. my target time is a 14.9 can i reach that by properly powerbraking ? should i shift in manu or let the tranny do the work on its own? ive heard manu is like .2 seconds faster...is that correct?

just looking for some estimates. its appreciated, and sorry if this type of question has been beat to death..but i keep hearing "what should my stock NA run.." well now its time to hear "WHAT SHOULD MY BPU NA RUN :D "
thanks
Bob

·
Your Neighborhood OG
316 Posts
from my experiences with my supra (94 n/a auto) the manu mode is a bit faster u just have to practice shifting with the lag in the ecu (i normally shift at right before 6 then with the lag it shifts right b4 red line) I havent raced on the track so i have no exact times.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
flypinoy457 said:
from my experiences with my supra (94 n/a auto) the manu mode is a bit faster u just have to practice shifting with the lag in the ecu (i normally shift at right before 6 then with the lag it shifts right b4 red line) I havent raced on the track so i have no exact times.
yea, the auto tranny zaps power under full throttle to make a smoothe shift. who needs a smoothe shift when your flooring it anyway??:D the manu mode pretty much does away with that fuel cut, making more powerful shifts. wheres the NA Auto's on this board? are you guys all scared of the track? :p . just playin.
i should be goin in the next month or two...or maybe at the meet in NJ.

later,
Bob

·
0 Posts
I'm scared of the track...the track is baaaaadddd! hehe
Waiting to get all the goodies on before unleashing the
superdoooper supra :eek:) Got the HKS Mega Flow on, Super Dragger going on next along with the AFC. Hopfully will get some #'s for all you Auto's out there wondering!

Just for a couple giggles before all you go to bed, a Hyundai Accent started reving at a light looking at me like he really had a chance, my friend and I started laughing...he took off and I gave him about 5-6 car lengths before I started after the lil bugger.
I caught up pretty quick, started jumping on him and letting him catch up...he was soooo determined while we continued to laugh...then I just punched it and it was bye bye for him. He zoomed by laughing and shaking his head with this look...you got a supra and it's baddd azz! hehe. Keep Rocking all you SUPRASTARS! This Kill was provided to you by an HKS intake and an AUTO '95 NA.

·
Registered
296 Posts
you waste your gas man !

I won't brother wasting my gas like that.

Just couple hour ago, I got the IS300. At the red light, he was in front of me at a red light. Green light turned and he pulled pretty quickly ahead of me. My first gear I was right behide him and left turn to make the pass, he pulled hard and at second and third gear, I inched closer and at fourth and a quick to fifth, I was two car lengths in front of him at approximately 100 mph. :D

Good feeling to kick those IS 300 who think that the VVTi-l is better than Supra VVTi only :p . Joke on him. Considering that fact that my stock clutch is slipping, I still can make the kill. Once I change out to Stage 2 clutch, I should have more fun.

A

·
0 Posts
MANU???

is the manu button like shifting how do use it??? confused i have auto too!! juss wanna know wut manu does? seen it on my auto but how does it work?

thaNKS

·
Your Neighborhood OG
316 Posts
the manu button is kinda like a 1st gen tiptronic, i use it when i race (feels alittel bit faster) the only problem is there is a slite delay in the shifts (i shift at 5.5 and it shifts right before red) you just have to get use to it. I believe toyota designed the manu function for weather purposes but it still works good for racing. Ohh and the way it works is... 1. turn on the manu and select if you want overdrive or not 2. put it into L which is equivlent to 1st then 3. 2= 2nd gear 4. D=3rd and if you have overdrive on 4th
Im sure you can figure it out its not too hard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts