Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend interested in the NA-T route.

Wants to buy now, and "Play" later.

I remember reading of some really cool turbo kits coming out specifically for the MKIV NA, including all the manifolds required and such.

What's new on the MKIV N/A scene? Who offers all-inclusive kits?

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.nonturbo.com <--They offer a kit at $2k.

Not sure if that's all inclusive though...is there a reason why BoostLogics is more $$? Seems to come with more & bigger parts...

Will the NA's 5-speed hold the power that these kits deliver? HP #'s?

*Note* I realised now there is an "NA" forum...didn't see it...move it if need be.

·
Registered
205 Posts
PhoeniXDownVII said:
http://www.nonturbo.com <--They offer a kit at $2k.

Not sure if that's all inclusive though...is there a reason why BoostLogics is more $$? Seems to come with more & bigger parts...

Will the NA's 5-speed hold the power that these kits deliver? HP #'s?

*Note* I realised now there is an "NA" forum...didn't see it...move it if need be.
Boostlogic uses a better turbo, has a tubular manifold, a better wastegate, an intercooler, and will support a much larger turbo for future upgrades.

R

·
0 Posts
Scorch,

Please don't knock the kit that is on www.nonturbo.com. DaveH was kind enough to make a kit available to us NA guys for a very reasonable price. I've seen the kit in person on a SC300 and it looks amazing. His fabricator is very good with metal and is one of the few guys I've seen that can weld as good as he. The kit can support more power but you have to have the supporting mods such as fuel, ignition, etc. The Boost Logic Kit is of superior design but that doesn't mean that Dave's Kit has any less quality. Just cheaper to make and therefore alot of us NA guys like that. We can spend money elsewhere. The SC300 here in town that runs it, put 427rwhp and 496rwtq down this past Monday on Dave's Kit. So please don't say that it doesn't have potential. Remember this also, DaveH is on a stock GE bottom end and ran a 10.16. :)

Ryan
rwsupra.com

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
rwsupra.com said:
. The SC300 here in town that runs it, put 427rwhp and 496rwtq down this past Monday on Dave's Kit. So please don't say that it doesn't have potential. Remember this also, DaveH is on a stock GE bottom end and ran a 10.16. :)

Ryan
rwsupra.com
Ryan, I heard the guy with the SC300 T you are talking about wants to run me and was totally dissing my car? Can you clarify this?

·
Registered
205 Posts
rwsupra.com said:
Scorch,

Please don't knock the kit that is on www.nonturbo.com. DaveH was kind enough to make a kit available to us NA guys for a very reasonable price. I've seen the kit in person on a SC300 and it looks amazing. His fabricator is very good with metal and is one of the few guys I've seen that can weld as good as he. The kit can support more power but you have to have the supporting mods such as fuel, ignition, etc. The Boost Logic Kit is of superior design but that doesn't mean that Dave's Kit has any less quality. Just cheaper to make and therefore alot of us NA guys like that. We can spend money elsewhere. The SC300 here in town that runs it, put 427rwhp and 496rwtq down this past Monday on Dave's Kit. So please don't say that it doesn't have potential. Remember this also, DaveH is on a stock GE bottom end and ran a 10.16. :)

Ryan
rwsupra.com
I am certainly not knocking the nonturbo.com kit.

I am just pointing out the differences. I dont think there is any doubt that the kit you are talking is a decent bang for the buck.

A more fair comparison is the "upgraded" kit, which is 1800 dollars more expensive than the Boostlogic.

For that extra money, you get injectors, engine management (and maybe a fuel pump?)

Still not a bad deal, I just think the header and SS contruction of the BL kit make it a better buy.

Dylan

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So would my friend be at BPU Level (what psi?)? ....When all was said and done with this kit...

Aside from upgrading brakes, does anything else need upgrading (that differs from NA-TT stock parts)? I.E. Can the stock 5-speed NA Tranny hold the 400-450rwhp this kit provides?

·
Registered
205 Posts
PhoeniXDownVII said:
So would my friend be at BPU Level (what psi?)? ....When all was said and done with this kit...

Aside from upgrading brakes, does anything else need upgrading (that differs from NA-TT stock parts)? I.E. Can the stock 5-speed NA Tranny hold the 400-450rwhp this kit provides?
I dont think that the BL stage 1 kit comes with any fuel management besides the fuel pump.

The most common "cheap" fuel fix is some sort of FPR that raises fuel pressure with boost, but this isnt good for much past 7-8 psi. (probably about 300 hp to the wheels, about the same as a stock supra TT)

If you want a LOT more power, you will need some sort of engine management. Now that AEM has released theirs for the N/A supra, that makes it a no-brainer.

That+injectors and maybe a head gasket to lower your compression will easily hand you 500 rwhp on pump gas.

I will try and get pictures up of our customers install on the SC300 sometime in the near future.

its a sharp looking setup.

The brakes on the N/A supra are actually not bad.. they may not be up to TT level but they are significantly better than the other jap supercars (300z, rx7, 3000gt)

Depending on your clutches condition, it would probably hold up for a while, but a clutch upgrade is definately in your future. It may be easiest to do when the car is allready down.

Dylan

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
Hi-Psi said:
Ryan, I heard the guy with the SC300 T you are talking about wants to run me and was totally dissing my car? Can you clarify this?
That would be me, but I dont even know who you are so i dont know how i could diss your car!

-Derek

R

·
0 Posts
I guess Kyle if you guys wanted to race, you could. I'm sure Derek would be up to it.

Ryan

·
SUPRA'S SITH LORD
319 Posts
dave h is the man! :bigthumb: but BL kit is the one for me!

hey if the race go's down, get it on video!:coolk:

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Scorch said:
I am certainly not knocking the nonturbo.com kit.

I am just pointing out the differences. I dont think there is any doubt that the kit you are talking is a decent bang for the buck.

A more fair comparison is the "upgraded" kit, which is 1800 dollars more expensive than the Boostlogic.

For that extra money, you get injectors, engine management (and maybe a fuel pump?)

Still not a bad deal, I just think the header and SS contruction of the BL kit make it a better buy.

Dylan
The "upgraded kit" is under construction and will have alot of items changed and the price will lower. However with the base kit you can go turbo with all needed accesories for less then $4,000. I also mean everything fuel mods, electronics, etc. I appreciate the kind words about it being a good bang for the buck. I think the Boost Logic kit is very nice and would definantely purchase one for my personal n/a if money was not an issue. In no way am I saying the Boost Logic kit is highly priced, just that going turbo can be done cheaper. You won't have the same great quality that comes with the Boost Logic kit but the DaveH/NonTurbo kit has proven itself. I'm not trying to ignite a fight just throwing in my .02.

·
GOT OIL ...?
1,407 Posts
Boostlogic offers more goodies in their kit but i would still hit Dave-h because ive actually seen what his kit do .. and ontop off all that with the basekit u can choose what goes with ur setup and ur not forced to get what u pay for with booslogic kit ...

At www.nonturbo.com Kevin was very patient with my numerous question :angel: and very helpful when it came down to put my kit together ... thanx aton bro .. and i would deff do business with him over and over again ..

p.s i have refered alot of my friends to him and no one complaind so far..

Joe:cool:

·
SUPRA'S SITH LORD
319 Posts
no way na bro's don't fight with each other here we :hug: .

this is a great time for na's, before we had f-max and others. but dave h and boostlogic have given us what we wanted quality. and that is the big picture.

i do want dave h's intake mani really bad!:hail:

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
StRiCtLY iMpOrTS said:
Boostlogic offers more goodies in their kit but i would still hit Dave-h because ive actually seen what his kit do .. and ontop off all that with the basekit u can choose what goes with ur setup and ur not forced to get what u pay for with booslogic kit ...

At www.nonturbo.com Kevin was very patient with my numerous question :angel: and very helpful when it came down to put my kit together ... thanx aton bro .. and i would deff do business with him over and over again ..

p.s i have refered alot of my friends to him and no one complaind so far..

Joe:cool:
No problem at all Joe, thanks for the kind words. Can't wait to see what the car is capable of!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts