Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to get a custom 4" exhaust done and i wanted it to look like the hks ti or the N1. I really dont like the look of most of the burns mufflers but what are my options?

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Magnaflow Race series. 4" in diameter and polished.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I second FYRARMS decision on the Magnaflow. You had better be prepared for it to be loud. I recommend either of these places fow a universal muffler. Either www.bigexhaust.com or www.hottexhaust.com. Good Luck.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
Which is the loudest between these?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've never heard the Borla before, but their both straight through mufflers. I imagine they will be about the same. I'm still on stock twins and it's loud enough that everyone thinks I'm trying to race them at each stoplight. Too bad your not closer to Ocala, I'm staying in Ocala for a little while.

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,517 Posts
anyone heard the 4" borla muffler compared to the 4" magnaflow muffler?

is there much difference at all if any???

the magnaflow muffler is only $102 while the Borla is $256

1997greenTT- do you know if your Magnaflow is 4" inner diameter or is it 4" outer diameter? how does yoru sound compare to an HKS Ti?

·
3,488 Posts
I spoke with someone from Magnaflow and they said they didn't have an exhaust specifically made for the MKIV on the market yet, but they were still testing out their prototype. Are you looking at the general models? The biggest I found on their website was 3.5" diamter.

·
Registered
158 Posts
LLCoolJ94, I had the exhaust custom built. It took (3) 30 degree manderal bends and one piece of straight tubing to build. I just ordered the Magnaflos 4" SS (universal muffler) and had the shop weld everything up. It is pretty much straight forward and it didn't cost a fortune either.

·
3,488 Posts
1997GREENTT: What does it sound like? Do you have any clips? How much did it cost you?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sorry about taking so long to get back. When I had my exhaust made, I went with mild aluminized steel. The muffler was a little over $90 shipped to my door and I had purchased my bends from http://shop.airflowonline.com . Actually the shop used (2) 45 degree bends and (1) 30 degree bend. All total with labor the exhaust about $200.00 . I imagine if you went with SS, the price will be closer to 250-300.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1997GREENTT- Can you post a pic or sound clip of your exhaust? I want to go with something nice and deep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts