Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Garage Queen Club
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anything out there to convert my gt42 divided (twin scroll) turbine housing to a non-divided version? Seeing that my manifold does not have a divided flange, I can only see this as hurting spool up / exhaust flow. Any ideas on how this can be circumvented (other than selling this turbo or purchasing yet another exhaust manifold)?

I am also wondering if a 1.15 ar housing is actually SMALLER than a comparable 1.15 non-divided housing, being that you have a wall taking up space inside the snail scroll. There should be less volume for flow on these twin scroll housings eh? :scratch:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
A divided housing would only work wel if the manifold was divided as well. It cant be just any cylinder going to each housing, they need to be in the right sequence.

Mr2's came with the ct26 with the divided housing and it increased spoolup and it has tons of low end torque.

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
RAR81 said:
bump is their slightly better spool with a non divided housing vs. a divided housing...Pro's and con's?
You got it backwards.

If the manifold is set up for a divided flange correctly, spoolup is superior. Total flow up top is not, however due to the extra space taken up by the divider wall in the turbine housing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts