Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you drag radial guys using the AMS-1000 boost controller? Looking for some reviews on this product.
Phil

·
www.realspeedparts.com
63 Posts
First of i want to say i Am not trying to sell a ams-1000 at all !!!

about your post, i work at real speed racing in clearwater Florida

www.realspeedparts.com

this is the only boost controller we use, we have tried a custom made one, we have tried the innovative controller....hands downs NLR AMS-1000 is the best boost controller on the market. SO me and you don't have to make return posts to each other, I have msn and yahoo messenger, your more then welcome to add me so we can chat about this controller more in depth

Msn messenger----- [email protected]
Yahoo messenger---- [email protected]

Cant wait to here from you

·
Registered
763 Posts
First of i want to say i Am not trying to sell a ams-1000 at all !!!

about your post, i work at real speed racing in clearwater Florida

www.realspeedparts.com

this is the only boost controller we use, we have tried a custom made one, we have tried the innovative controller....hands downs NLR AMS-1000 is the best boost controller on the market. SO me and you don't have to make return posts to each other, I have msn and yahoo messenger, your more then welcome to add me so we can chat about this controller more in depth

Msn messenger----- [email protected]
Yahoo messenger---- [email protected]

Cant wait to here from you
Hahah, I was just at your shop yesterday talking with Walt. This is Pete with the black supra. Are you the one with the turbo mustang with the BIG MOTHER turbo on it????

Walts car seems to be turning out nice... now if he can only get his heads back!!!

Are you guys going to the needforspee event at BMP on Sunday?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Don't know about the supra guys but it seems all the turbo domestic drags putting down real hp(1800+whp) are using this boost controller.

·
Asshole MKIV owner.
1,011 Posts
Using the NLR in my buddies pro car and my street tire supra(soon) with some co2 and it's just amazing so far! Big ass price increase recently though! Definitely the best boost controller hands down!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sold on the AMS1000, looking for some info on setup. I think almost every drag radial turbo car has to run it. We recently had a local guy go 7.8s on BFG drag radials and the guy is somewhat lost on suspension setup. I wonder if MSP is running one on the drag radial supra.
Phil

·
www.realspeedparts.com
63 Posts
Hahah, I was just at your shop yesterday talking with Walt. This is Pete with the black supra. Are you the one with the turbo mustang with the BIG MOTHER turbo on it????

Walts car seems to be turning out nice... now if he can only get his heads back!!!

Are you guys going to the needforspee event at BMP on Sunday?

I technically don't work their anymore....but i still runt he website, the my space account and doing a lot of talking with people over the Internet.....the turbo mustang you were asking about that is Archie's car.....Archie and I live about 3 miles away from each other, he told me that their was a supra in the shop, i meant to come up and take a look at it but i never got around to it.....he told me your car is really nice.

We are not going to need for speed event. Archie is waiting for his new turbo to come back from precision turbo we will be at sunshine for heads up madness

·
www.realspeedparts.com
63 Posts
who ever sent me a I'm about the NRL i was at work today, and just got home and seen your IM, i will be online all night and I'm off work till Saturday so i will be about to help you out with any questions you might have....

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
MOre details please. I have only heard about this boost controllers from turbo drag bikes.

What are the features and advantages, stages of boost, response, etc? Instead of using Google, I'd like to hear real world testimonials please. :)

·
www.realspeedparts.com
63 Posts
yes it is used on a number of turbo drag bikes, but believe it or not its a lot easier to install on a car then on a bike...

like i said in my above post, we have this on our turbo drag radial stock suspension mustang we actually picked up close to a 1/2 just from changing controllers. at the time of installation, One of our shop cars went from 9.1 to 8.8. just from changing controllers...... just turned it on and let it rip. we finished installation thursday night and at an event Friday, didn't even make any changes to the ams-1000,. just turned it on and let it rip. believe it or not at this event, we didn't change anything to the fast system didn't even pull a plug out of the car.....

went from 9.1 to [email protected] from making changes to the boost controllers

The nlr has its own data log, we look at the setting when boost comes in and then look on the fast system, and the times we want boost to come in is dead balls on.

1.3-1.6 seconds out we are

The AMS-1000 multi-channel Air Management System represents the latest in digital boost control technology. A Motorola 50-Mhz 16-bit processor is used to provide accurate and extremely fast control. A 128x64 pixel graphical LCD is used to provide a live display of data and inputs. GUI (Graphical User Interface) style operating system makes setup and programming more intuitive and user friendly.

Data logging is integrated into the AMS-1000 and provides the user with instant feedback on the performance and real time operating parameters. The Data is presented as a Graph with a scrolling capability for detailed data information. If only the main boost channel is used for control of a waste gate the Aux channel MAP Sensor input then can be used to log actual manifold pressure. If both channels are used for control then the logged data will represent the real time pressure applied to each channel during operation.

This is hands down the best controller on the market, If anybody has anymore question please feal free to ask, and or if you would like to buy one from us please send me a PM, we sell them cheaper then NLR does

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
yes it is used on a number of turbo drag bikes, but believe it or not its a lot easier to install on a car then on a bike...

like i said in my above post, we have this on our turbo drag radial stock suspension mustang we actually picked up close to a 1/2 just from changing controllers. at the time of installation, One of our shop cars went from 9.1 to 8.8. just from changing controllers...... just turned it on and let it rip. we finished installation thursday night and at an event Friday, didn't even make any changes to the ams-1000,. just turned it on and let it rip. believe it or not at this event, we didn't change anything to the fast system didn't even pull a plug out of the car.....

went from 9.1 to [email protected] from making changes to the boost controllers

The nlr has its own data log, we look at the setting when boost comes in and then look on the fast system, and the times we want boost to come in is dead balls on.

1.3-1.6 seconds out we are

The AMS-1000 multi-channel Air Management System represents the latest in digital boost control technology. A Motorola 50-Mhz 16-bit processor is used to provide accurate and extremely fast control. A 128x64 pixel graphical LCD is used to provide a live display of data and inputs. GUI (Graphical User Interface) style operating system makes setup and programming more intuitive and user friendly.

Data logging is integrated into the AMS-1000 and provides the user with instant feedback on the performance and real time operating parameters. The Data is presented as a Graph with a scrolling capability for detailed data information. If only the main boost channel is used for control of a waste gate the Aux channel MAP Sensor input then can be used to log actual manifold pressure. If both channels are used for control then the logged data will represent the real time pressure applied to each channel during operation.

This is hands down the best controller on the market, If anybody has anymore question please feal free to ask, and or if you would like to buy one from us please send me a PM, we sell them cheaper then NLR does
What turbo and wastegate system are you using for these "DEAD ON" boosts using the AMS-1000?

·
www.realspeedparts.com
63 Posts
People put co2 or nitrogen in the tank........you can out nos in the tank if that's what your talking about....the co2 or nitrogen is their to force the wastegate or gates close

·
Registered
780 Posts
nitrous in a co2 tank that's held to use a bov shut? That's crazy, why would anyone do that? ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts