Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
At My Signal Unleash Hell
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys in the VA, DC, MD, NY, PA area??
If so chek the Events section or the North East section and look for the Great Falls Meet in VA.. here is the info:

>>
Hello all,

The date for the Great Falls meet will be Sunday, October 7. Most people have agreed with the date and also some people will have the following day off for the Holiday (Columbus Day).

What:
Great Falls Meet/BBQ

When:
Sunday, October 7

Time:
From 10am - all day

Where:
Great Falls Park (Virginia Side) http://www.nps.gov/gwmp/grfa/ . I talked to the person in charge of the park and I tried to get some kind of group discount but unfortunately I was not able to get it. So, there is a $4 fee per car to get in to the park.

Driving Directions:
Get on I-495 towards Northern Virginia (Tyson's Corner). From I-495 take the Georgetown Pike exit. Take Georgetown Pike towards Great Falls. Drive for about 5 miles and at the first light make a right turn. That is the entrance to the park and keep driving until you see the entrance booth.

Activities:
It would be a day to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the park and the water falls. We'll have a change to meet new people, exchange ideas, chat, eat and check all the cars.

What to bring:
Anything you want for the BBQ so we can all shear everything.

Where to park:
As soon as you pay the $4 at the entrance booth you'll go for 20 feet or so and you'll see a little trail on your right hand side that makes almost a "U" turn. Take that trail and we will park in that area. That spot is the only one with the grill really close to the parking area so that way we can keep an eye on the cars and eat at the same time. If you can't find the spot you can always go back and ask the person in the entrance booth where the SUPRA MEET or SUPRA CREW is located, they will be able to provide instructions. Try to arrive at the park early so we can all park in the same area. Sometimes the park gets pretty full, so if you can come in early please do so. I'll be waiting for everybody at around 9am.

To see pictures of last year's Great Falls Meet go:
http://www.geocities.com/oliversup/car_miscellaneous/greatfalls/greatfalls.html

If you need more direction or have any questions please feel free to contact me, [email protected]

See you all there

--Oliver
"At My Signal Unleash Hell"
AIM ---> Olisito
95 NA 5spd BPU
Welcome Supra
http://www.geocities.com/oliversup/index.htm
<<

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Am I from the area? Man, I'm such a homeboy the hoods don't F*** with me, the Danm snakes don't bite me! Grew up in NE D.C. Now living the Hyattsville/Riverdale area. Great Falls? Va side? I've got a school reunion that weekend but I'll try to make it.

H

·
0 Posts
Nice car, Oliver.
What kind of gauges you have on your A-pillar?
And, what do you think of Apexi S-AFC? Do you think you gained some power?

Danny

·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hsk73 said:
Nice car, Oliver.
What kind of gauges you have on your A-pillar?
And, what do you think of Apexi S-AFC? Do you think you gained some power?

Danny
Sup Danny,
Those are AF gauge and Oil preassure gauge, they are pretty good. I love the S-AFC, after I had it dyno tuned I gained 27rwhp. Not bad at all :D
And I can defenately feel the hp gain when I'm driving it.
Hope this helps.

--Oliver

H

·
0 Posts
27rwhp! :eek:
I better get that on my car.
Have you thought about getting Cam Gear and Shaft replaced? I heard that should give you anoter 20+ or so. What your thought on that?
Thanks.

Danny

·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hsk73 said:
27rwhp! :eek:
I better get that on my car.
Have you thought about getting Cam Gear and Shaft replaced? I heard that should give you anoter 20+ or so. What your thought on that?
Thanks.

Danny
Yeah.. I have though about it, but I'm just not too sure fi I would have any major HP gain as with the AFC. There are not too many NA's outthere that have done that. I've decided to save my money and go with the sure thing... TURBO :D
I'm hoping to have everything done just after Christmas.. :)
I would like to see if there is someone out there that has a dyno test on the cam gears.
Later.

--Oliver

H

·
0 Posts
I'm thinking about replacing Cam Gear this weekend. I haven't found good place to dyno, yet.
But, I'll let you know if I gained any.
I'm also adding S-AFC on my shopping list. But, I don't think I can install it myself. Did you get it tune by professional or did you do it youself?

Danny

·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hsk73 said:
I'm thinking about replacing Cam Gear this weekend. I haven't found good place to dyno, yet.
But, I'll let you know if I gained any.
I'm also adding S-AFC on my shopping list. But, I don't think I can install it myself. Did you get it tune by professional or did you do it youself?

Danny
I had it tuned by the people at the dyno. In one hour we made 7 passes, leting the car cool down a little. They did all the work. I just watched and learned :D

--Oliver

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Hey Oliver, where's the dyno in your/my area? How's the meet at Great Falls shaping up? I see that nesupras has something going on in NY that weekend, but I know I won't be able to make it.:cool:

·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vreaux728645 said:
Hey Oliver, where's the dyno in your/my area? How's the meet at Great Falls shaping up? I see that nesupras has something going on in NY that weekend, but I know I won't be able to make it.:cool:
Hey vreaux728645,
The Dyno I went to is in Fairfax, VA. The shop is called AuthoAutority.
The Great Falls Meet/BBQ is comming along really well. Looks like we are going to have more cars than last year. We are expectim 30+ supras this year. There alot of people comming from PA, NJ and NY. Too bad you can't make it. The nesupras are having a get together this weekend and not next weekend. They will be comming to Great Falls Meet.
Later

--Oliver

·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey all,

If any of you gets lost and need directions or need any help at all please contact me. You can call me at my cell phone at
703-966-4648.
You can contact me anytime after 4pm on Saturday after I get off of work because I don't get signal in the building.
Whatever you need please feel free to contact me. If your car breaks down, get a flat, need directions, ran out of gas, etc, let me know. I'll be more than happy to help you out.
See you all Sunday at the biggest MKIV Supra meet in the East coast!!

--Oliver

1 - 14 of 14 Posts