Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you thought about putting in a lexus V8 in the SUPRA? i know why would you want to well its something diffrent to do. I have been messing with the idea just wondering if any of you have done this?

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
i'm pretty sure someone already did put a V8. I can't remember if it was a 1uz or 3uz or what.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
I think it has been done. Lets see, i've seen 1JZ, 2JZ, 1UZ, Chevy Big Block v8, and Chevy small block v8 in a supra.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know i saw some chevy blocks in supras too and i just couldnt beleive it. The only thing i could think of was someone had a blown up supra and had a free motor laying around and just threw it in. It cant be that easy tho.

·
Registered
88 Posts
TaSe said:
I think it has been done. Lets see, i've seen 1JZ, 2JZ, 1UZ, Chevy Big Block v8, and Chevy small block v8 in a supra.
i saw a twin turbo ford v8. turbos where off of ford thunderbird turbo coupe. talk about tight fit

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chevy twin turbo V8 (thunderbird turbo's)(twin intercooled too!):

Chevy TT V8

I wouldn't do it but kudo's to the guy for making it work.....

DeanMarcum's 1U swap:

Toyota V8

He has a couple sweet supra's!

Later
Brandon

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i know i have been to all the V8 sites for supras it seems cool.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
there was an MKiii for slae on Ebay a few months ago with a V8 in it. Looked pretty cool .

BTW love that burnout pic on that site. Classic :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
And the 316 Mopar by Deek.

But to stick to the original question, yes I have thought about it.

Why would you want to? Torque and more displacement to start with.

But I think the links and pictures posted have basically answered all of your questions right?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YEP its sweet i mean i love all of the regular supra engines but wow american muscle hell just the V8 power is cool.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
I'm sorely tempted to get a junkyard LS3 truck engine, a turbo kit and stand alone, and put that into my Supra.....

Should fit pretty easy, just get one turbo setup, and put it up front where there is plenty of room etc. There are lots of FMIC's that would work. Guys running those large LS3 V8's with a turbo kit are making 700+hp and gobs of tourqe from just off idle to 6k. (These larger V8's make as much tourqe at 1500rpm as we make at peak.)

For around town, the larger displacement engine is going to be great to drive. It should also be a very fast highway car too.

I'm sticking with the stroker 7MGTE at this point however. (But for the cost of the stroker motor and everything, a LS3 V8, even if I went with the more expensive aluminum blocked ones would be about a wash cost wise. I don't know about the transmisison, but I have seen some adapters to mount the R154 to a SBC available in the land down under.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
i saw a dyno of a silverado 6.0 w/ an SP74 i think and it laid down 1100 rwtq. it pulled so hard on the dyno that it was distorting the stock tires hard core.

http://www.gnbits.com/~uk/1320/dynosport410.wmv

youlll love it. itll make you want to say "F the toyota V8". this makes me want to get a truck... you guys may have seen it already, but ths thing is F'ing GANGSTA! youll need a box of kleenex when you watch this

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
if you want a chevy V8, why not just go with a TH350 or similar tranny? Might as well get a stronger tranny, ya know? It's been brought up alot, there's a couple guys on here who run the 7M w/ a different tranny. Slow66 for one...last confirmed run I heard of was a 10.55...with about 500hp... that's not a shit ton compared to some cars, but he was just more intelligent about putting that power to the ground and helping to keep the engine in it's powerband. All the jobs tranny wise here in the states are custom, as far as I know. Good luck, if you end up doing it make sure you take pics!

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
where did the tranny discussion come from?

we are talking about V8s and such... i must have missed something along the way. lol

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well from what i have been hereing is the turbo 400 tranny bolts right up to the 1UZFE

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
flubyux2 said:
where did the tranny discussion come from?
Hmm. . . I do not know where that cam from either, just because you have a tranny from a V-8 on your I-6 doesn't mean it is going to feel like a V-8. . . maybe that will clarify something for reedj?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts