Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts
I hope your joking! A T78 will not get anywhere near 1000 hp no matter how much boost you try to get out of it.
what i was gonna say, i know a few peeps here with T78 on there car and making around 500hp..i'm yet to see a 1jz with 1000hp, most go 1.5jz before getting there for that extra displacement.

when it happens i'll believe you, i've seen alot of people talk up this turbo...:)

eighty-eight has a t78 on his turbo a motor and he only makes around 400rwhp
so 1000 is like.. hmmm
he put down like 450rwhp...maybe a little more, but his running fuck all management on his so he has the potential for a little more.

It's 1.5JZ with a T78. It put down 700hp at only 6000rpm, 25psi, 13 degrees timing so far. We ran out of fuel. It will be dynoing again next week and we expect close to 1000hp. I will keep you posted.
Well you must have either a very generous dyno or a very efficient engine to make those #s at that boost but I assure you that the turbo is just about done at that point. Dont expect much more than 750rwhp with that turbo.

Well you must have either a very generous dyno or a very efficient engine to make those #s at that boost but I assure you that the turbo is just about done at that point. Dont expect much more than 750rwhp with that turbo.
I agree :)

I just caught something... he said "700hp @25 psi". With a manual tranny, that would be around 600 rwhp out of a T78 so that sounds about right to me. Now, 700 RWHP? Not no, but HELL NO! I think we misunderstood him.

I just caught something... he said "700hp @25 psi". With a manual tranny, that would be around 600 rwhp out of a T78 so that sounds about right to me. Now, 700 RWHP? Not no, but HELL NO! I think we misunderstood him.
I say unless he has strapped that bad boy to an engine dyno he has no buisness claiming crank #s if thats what he is doing.

im just cuious cause, the t78 kit i have has the same ar as the t88.

The T88 has many versions. Yours is what A/R?

With the greddy t78 and 272 cams you can hit close to 1000hp at around 35psi. I see almost no lag. Mainly because I always keep the rpm above 4500.
Sorry but you are full of crap. See sig with BIG cams, major head work, @ 32PSI on a T88. I will get a little more once the clutch doesn't slip but it still isn't 1000 RWHP and it is bigger than the T78..Get what I am saying?

It's 1.5JZ with a T78. It put down 700hp at only 6000rpm, 25psi, 13 degrees timing so far. We ran out of fuel. It will be dynoing again next week and we expect close to 1000hp. I will keep you posted.
I don't care if it is a 1.5J, it will NOT in a gazillion years make 1000HP with a T78 on it. Even crank hp it will not happen and that is being nice.

Duane

The T88 has many versions. Yours is what A/R?

Sorry but you are full of crap. See sig with BIG cams, major head work, @ 32PSI on a T88. I will get a little more once the clutch doesn't slip but it still isn't 1000 RWHP and it is bigger than the T78..Get what I am saying?

I don't care if it is a 1.5J, it will NOT in a gazillion years make 1000HP with a T78 on it. Even crank hp it will not happen and that is being nice.

Duane

LOL... you have no idea what my engine has done. It's 9.3 compression, 272 cams, turbo is .84 a/r. I have a magna fuel 625 pump. When I had one walbro and pushing 676hp It was able to trap 130's and that was on 25psi. Isn't your's a 7m? Built up 2jz here 3.1L.

This is 25psi, 1 walbro, 13 degrees timing, 6300rpm. I am going back this weekend with the new fuel system. 35psi, 15 degrees timing, and full rpm. What do you think it will hit??

See on the scan the a/f ratio starts to rise at around the 500hp mark.
Damn 1 walbro.

If we could have gone to 8000rpm I bet it would of hit close to 800hp. But because of a/f we had to back off at 6300.

Yeah but the 1.5jz that hams bulit has higher compression if i recall, and you have hks cams and a slew of other goodies... I don't believe you'll see 1000 on a 78... if you think you can you are on crack the turbo can't even flow that much air.

Just think of what is taking a 2jz FULL 2jz to hit 1000... GT47's minimum... Nitrous is a diffrent beast. BTW 6k is your peak winnipegman so I don't expect you to hit much more power maybe 40-60 at best with 30 psi

i guess we'll see what you get though....

Post up your results.

I say unless he has strapped that bad boy to an engine dyno he has no buisness claiming crank #s if thats what he is doing.
The best thing I've heard about that: "Comparing crank hp is like comparing dick size at a midget convention"

I like watching yall do the monster singles but they are totally impractical to me. I will post up my #s on my twin gt28r's when I dyno later this month hopefully....its retarded when you 'only' hit 4xx rwhp on a t78....

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.