Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm going to go down to sp to tune my car this spring and i was just wandering how much they charge and where is the best place to tap the prob in for my egt gauge.

thanks

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
My car was tuned at SP, and you see the results. :) they come highly recommended. They are very reasonable too.

Best place to tap a EGT probe is the #6 runner of the header.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I had my car tuned by SP - AEM/SP73 - 833rwhp with lots left in it. They took good care of my car and even swapped wheels when my rears were rubbing from the squatting my car would do under full boost on the dyno (thanks max!).

Placement of the EGT probe is left for debate... a single EGT probe isn't going to tell you anything special. I have it in the downpipe just so I can get a rough estimate of the overall EGT temperature. There is a certain amount of uncertainty as to which cylinders run the hottest, and putting it only in 1 may not tell you everything - but then again unless you have a probe for each cylinder you will never know the full story.

Anyways, I was happy with the results from SP.

-m

·
Wheelhophobia?
466 Posts
Vaj, did you just get your car just recently??? Do you have a cousin/nephew/uncle named John in the cities in MN?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts