Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been dressing up the engine compartment and bought a set of used hardpipes( HKS) because they look nice. Is there any performance advantage as well? Do you get a noticeable quicker spool up time because they are not as flexible as the rubber ones? DZ

B

·
0 Posts
Hard Pipes

I don't know if they give you much at all. The stockers are pretty darn solid for being rubber and all. Maybe give you a .002 second spoolup improvement. Especially at BPU and lower pressure levels.

M

·
0 Posts
Hard pipes help, ALOT.

They dont flex under hard boost, they dont expand under pressure and/or pressure change, they let air flow much smoother and without much turbulence and are generally larger diameter than stock rubber hoses.

In the process, they look kick ass as well.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
MONSTER said:
Hard pipes help, ALOT.

They dont flex under hard boost, they dont expand under pressure and/or pressure change, they let air flow much smoother and without much turbulence and are generally larger diameter than stock rubber hoses.

In the process, they look kick ass as well.
The stock pipes don't flex under boost one bit. I've run 28 psi through them during an intake leak test and you couldn't even tell. Actually I found the HKS pipes to be more prone to leaking since the silicon couplers needed to be clamped down tighter (I used T-bolt clamps). Of course the problem with the stock pipes is that they can pop off easier with bad hose clamps, and if you clamp them too tight (like I did) the clamp can bite into the hose and cut it (doh).

HKS hardpipes are the same diameter as the stock ones.

I like the stock ones better because they are easier to put on and take off. IMO if you are going to get hardpipes, just get a FMIC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts